An Enchanting Jungle Lore
Take a break from your everyday humdrum and the ‘city life’ to explore the charm of the Nilgiris from the comfort of a private villa exclusively for this Experience as we take a walk through the tea plantations exhibiting a myriad of green hues, a ’taste-tea’ session, a uniquely curated breakfast with the birds in the middle of the jungle where the real Dravidians of India keep you company as you connect with nature, take part in live Irula cooking sessions, perform sunrise yoga and much more. Read on to know more!. This Vajor Escape takes you to the foothills of the Nilgiris - the queen of hills as it is so admirably called.
Lodge in a 19th century mansion isolated by the colossal lands carpeted with lush forests. As you arrive in Coimbatore, we drive you through beautiful views, of greens and ravines, to your jungle cottage retreat and take you on a small tour around the vast property. As you take in the scenery surrounding you, an extraordinary experience awaits you. The jungle is home to the tribal Toda people who are believed to be the real Dravidians of the country. Interact with the tribals to find about their culture as the inhouse team sources ingredients right from the jungle to cook a hearty meal for you later. Find yourself amidst misty paths of the lush green tree plantations where you refresh your mind, body and soul and learn about sustainable farming and of course, tea!.
Stay tuned for an enriching yoga session followed by cycling against the cool breeze for ‘Breakfast With The Birds’ where you enjoy breakfast in the middle of the jungle with over 300 different kinds of birds, surrounded by their delightful chirping. Gear up for a light jungle trek through the rich flora and fauna of the Nilgiris as the walk leader enlightens you on ‘why are the Nilgiris, the queen of hills?’ As we approach the end of our escape, learn a little of the South Indian cuisine in a unique cooking class where the chefs teach you how to cook dishes on ‘wood fire’.
- Explore the jungle and interact with the indigenous Toda tribal people.
- Visit the misty tea plantations for a tour, connect with nature and learn about sustainable farming.
- Breakfast with birds/ Feeding activity uniquely curated for this experience
- Learn South Indian and wood-fire cooking.
- Journaling in open spaces
- Evening Jams & storytelling sessions
- Stay in a private villa exclusively booked for this experience
- 2 nights/3 days accommodation on triple sharing (comfortable separate beds) basis in a Hideaway Room.
- -All activities listed above
- -All breakfasts, lunches, dinners and evening teas for the duration of the escape.
- -A memorable and a one-of-a-kind Vajor experience.
- -All permits/ entries
- -All transfers to and Fro from Coimbatore
*Lodge is situated 12kms from Ooty and we shall arrange a pick up from Coimbatore. Easy connections available from Bangalore/ Delhi/ Mumbai/ Pune and other major cities to Coimbatore.
Pembroke villa Manjakombai
Pembroke estate, near Manjakombai village, Manjakombai, Tamil Nadu 643221