Annapurna Circuit Trek | TrekNomads
Annapurna Circuit Trek (ACT) is one of the classic trails in Nepal scenery and cultural diversity. ACT is a 100-mile plus circumnavigation of the Annapurna Range offering the best natural scenery and indigenous cultures of Nepal. The trail takes you along the Marsyangdi Valley up to the North of the main Himalayan range. The trail then crosses a 5,416 m pass to descend into the dramatic desert-like, Tibetan-style scenery of the upper Kali Gandaki Valley.
Highlights of the Trek
- Get far from the bustling city life into peaceful and pristine nature
- Witness stunning views of Annapurna, Lamjung Kailash, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri and more
- Stay in teahouses of small villages
- Cross Thorong La Pass (5,416 m)
- Visit Muktinath, other holy temples, and monasteries
- Explore beautiful villages of Braga, Manang, Kagbeni, Jomsom, and Marpha
- Gaze at the breathtaking Annapurna range from Poon Hill
- Natural Hot spring at Tatopani
- Enjoy the lively evening of Pokhara
- Paragliding in Pokhara
- Visit the Shanti Stupa
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & check into your hotel
- Day 02: Drive to Besi Sahar (760 m) by van & check in to your hotel
- Day 03: Drive to Chame by 4WD jeep (2,670 m). Stay the night at a lodge
- Day 04: Trek to Pisang (3,190 m) and check in to your lodge
- Day 05: Trek to Manang (3,540 m) and stay the night at a lodge
- Day 06: Acclimatization day in Manang, continue staying in the lodge
- Day 07: Trek to Letdar (4,250 m) check in to your lodge
- Day 08: Trek to Thorung Phedi (4,420 m), stay the night at a lodge
- Day 09: Trek to Muktinath (3,800 m) via Thorong-La pass (5,416 m)
- Day 10: Drive to Tatopani (1,200 m) & visit natural hot spring water. Check in to a lodge
- Day 11: Trek to Ghorepani (2,850 m) stay at a lodge
- Day 12: Early Morning Hike to Poon Hill and Trek down to Ulleri and drive to Pokhara by Jeep. Check in to your hotel
- Day 13: Exploration day in Pokhara visit Santi stupa and international mountain museum o/n hotel
- Day 14: Explore Pokhara paragliding etc of your choice
- Day 15: Pokhara and drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus
- Day 16: Final Departure transfer to TIA airport 3 hours before your flight schedule
- International arrival/departure transfers
- Land transportation Kathmandu-Beshisahar by TT or Bus or Jeep
- Beshisaher to Chyamche travel via local jeep
- Hotel stay in Kathmandu with breakfast; twin bed sharing as per itinerary
- Hotel stay in Pokhara with breakfast
- Muktinath to Kalapani and to Tapopani travel via local jeep
- Pick up from Nayapul and drive to Pokhara
- Pokhara to Kathmandu BUS
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit fee
- Pokhara sight seeing with a Van and a guide
- Purified filter water during the trek
- TIMS card fee
- Supporting staff (a professional trekking guide)
- Porters – 2 porters for 5 pax / 3 porters for 7 pax – 4 porters for 10 pax
- Insurance, meals, transportations daily salary of guide & porter
- Nomads are allowed to carry only 15 kg personal luggage on trek
- Food & lodging during the trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea/coffee - 3 times a day)
- Nepal government taxes
- TrekNomads Fee, Trek Captain support and expertise
- Personalized Dri-Fit T-Shirt
- Personal accident insurance
- Goodies from TrekNomads.
- International airfare
- Nepal Visa fee
- Monument entry fee in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Meals during the stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Extra activities in Pokhara
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, cold drinks any bar bills
- Mineral water and boiled water
- Camera/cell phone battery charge while on the trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- Excess baggage will be charged if it exceeds 15kg
- Donation & porter tips
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure or emergency (evacuation fee, transport, extra stay)
- Any other services not specified in the inclusions
- Extra meals other than breakfast-lunch-dinner and 3 times tea coffee during the trip.
Where is the Annapurna Circuit trail located?
The trail is located in the central region of Nepal. This trek will take you to the highest elevation of 5,416 meters at the Thorong La Pass. The average duration for the Annapurna Circuit Trek is 17 to 25 days though it can be extended or shortened by adding side treks or taking flight/vehicle.
How fit do I need to be to do this trek?
Annapurna Circuit Trek is a moderately difficult trek. Any healthy individual can do this trek, and you do not need to have prior trekking experience. However, you have to be mentally prepared to go on this trek. The most difficult part of this trek is when you will cross Thorong Phedi and Thorong La Pass.
How long do we trek every day when doing ACT?
On average, you have to walk around 6-8 hours per day. Sometimes your walking hour will be 4-6 hours a day also.
What is the highest altitude reached in this trek?
The highest altitude reached on this trek is 5,416m/17,769ft. This is the elevation of Thorong La Pass.
What about battery charging and hot shower facilities?
You can bring your charger and charge your batteries en route. There is a hot water facility but, you may have to pay an extra $1-$2. However, you can find hot water facility for free at a lower altitude.
Are there ATMs on the trail?
No, there are no ATMs on the trail. You have to draw enough cash from Pokhara or Kathmandu before commencing the trek. You have to carry Nepali currency with yourself during the trek.
What about internet access?
You will find internet access in most of the places. There might be sometime when you will not find internet access due to a technical problem. You have to keep in mind that the internet here is not as fast as your home country.
What if I am a solo traveler? Is there a supplemental for singles?
No problem. Many of our Nomads travel solo. It may also be an option to join a small group or another solo traveler, let us know if this interest you. Yes, there is a supplemental cost if you are traveling alone, please contact us to find out more.
Will I have to carry all of my own stuff on the Trek?
No, unless you request to. Our porters will carry up to 12 kg of weight for each trekker. All you need to carry are your essential items for the day. The porter fee is included in the price of your trip. We plan for 1 porter for 2 trekkers in accordance to the guidelines set out by the International Porter Protection Group. If you would like more weight to be carried, please let us know. In general 12-13 kg is more than sufficient.
What is the weather like in May?
The temperature during this season is 15°C as lowest and with a maximum of 25°C during sunny days, a minimum of -15°C in the morning and at night normally for areas above 4,000 meters.
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal