Archaeological Buddhist Remains of Sarnath, Varanasi
Sarnath is one amongst the four holy places associated with the life of Lord Buddha. It is the place where Buddha, after attaining enlightenment at Bodhgaya, preached his first sermon to his five preceding companions. The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has been conducting excavations at Sarnath since 1907. The excavation sites have massive ancient collections of monasteries, stupas, temples, inscriptions, sculptures and other antiquities.
Things to see
- Dharmarajika Stupa
- Monolithic Railing made of Chunar Sandstone
- Mulagandha Kuti
- Ashoka Pillar
- Dharma Chakra Jina Vihar
- Dhamekh Stupa
- Mulagandha Kuty Vihara
- Archeological Museum Sarnath
How to get there?
- Nearest Airport: Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport.
- Nearest Railway Station: Varanasi Cantonment train station
- Nearest Bus Station: Inter-State Bus Terminus Agra
Sarnath Excavated Remains
Archaeological Buddhist Remains of Sarnath, Varanasi, Rishpattan Road, Sarnath, Varanasi, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, 221007GET DIRECTIONS