Archaeological Buddhist Remains, Vaishali
Vaishali is situated in the district with the same name, Vaishali, in the state of Bihar. It is considered to be the "world's first republic" and is currently an archaeological site. Vaishali derives its name from King Vaishalik whose heroic deeds are narrated in the Hindu epic - Ramayana. Vaishali is a great Buddhist pilgrimage and also the birthplace of Lord Mahavira. It is said that the Buddha visited this place thrice and spent quite a long time here. Book tickets now!
Things to see
- Ashoka Pillar
- Buddha's Relic Stupa
- Raja Vishal ka Ghar (Fort of King Vishal)
- Abhishek Pushkarani, a sacred coronation tank
- Vishwa Shanti Stupa (pillar of peace)
- Vaishali Museum
- Bawan Pokhar Temple
How to get there?
- Nearest Airport: Jay Prakash Narayan Airport
- Nearest Railway Station: Ram Dayalu Nagar Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Station: Saraiya More Bus Stop
Ancient Ruins Vaishali
Archaeological Buddhist Remains, Vaishali, Shanti Marg, Kolhua, Vaishali, Vaishali, Bihar, 844128GET DIRECTIONS