ASI Archaeological Site Museum, Bodh Gaya
The Archaeological Site Museum in Bodhgaya is the perfect place for anyone who loves artefacts, antique sculptures, and a whole collection of rare items from the 1st century. Walking through the museum you will encounter terracotta statues, gold, silver and bronze Hindu idols, and a giant stone sculpture of Lord Buddha. Marvel at the wonders of ancient craftsmanship as you explore the archaeological museum.
Things to see
- The collection of 2000-year-old railings and pillars that were part of the Mahabodhi Temple.
- The Hindu and Buddhist relics are reminiscent of a time when these cultures coexisted and thrived.
- The gallery that houses the Dasavatara or incarnations of Lord Vishnu.
- The Mahabodhi Temple is just a few minutes away from the museum.
How to get there?
- The nearest international airport to Bodhgaya is Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport, Patna from where you can reach the site by taxi. Gaya airport is the nearest domestic airport.
- Gaya Junction Railway Station is the closest station and about half an hour by road from the museum.
- Bodhgaya is well-connected by bus to major cities like Patna and Varanasi.
Archaeological Site Museum, Bodhgaya
ASI Archaeological Site Museum, Bodh Gaya, Nepali Temple Road, Bodh Gaya, Gaya, Bihar, 824231GET DIRECTIONS