ASI Archaeological Site Museum, Halebidu
The Halebeedu Museum is an open-air archaeological museum which consists of four well-maintained galleries. There are various exhibits, antiques and historical artefacts housed in the museum. The central hall consisting of sculptures of Shivalinga and Nandi with a Dwaram Tapa gives this museum the ambience of a temple. The 4 galleries contain a different set of historical articles of different eras. Book tickets now and visit each of these exhibits.
Things to see
- Ancient sculptures of Kartikeya, Shakti, Ganesha, Goddess Durga & many more deities.
- Arms, metal objects like brass plates and many more.
- Copper and gold coins belonging to the Vijayanagara dynasty.
- Prehistoric and protohistoric period treasures.
- Sati stones, medieval hero stones & much more.
How to get there?
- Mysore Airport is the nearest airport connected to all cities. You need to avail a taxi from here to the site.
- Sakleshpur Railway Station is the closest railway station to the Halebeedu Museum
- Kempegowda Bus Station is close to the site, which is well connected to all road routes.
Archaeological Site Museum Halebidu (Karnataka)
ASI Archaeological Site Museum, Halebidu, Halebidu, Hassan, Karnataka, 573121