ASI Archaeological Site Museum, Konark
Konark Museum is an ancient museum located in Konark, Odisha. Situated near the Sun Temple, it is maintained by the Archaeological Survey of India and is one of the prominent places to visit in the city. The Konark Museum was started in the year 1968 with the purpose of housing the archaeological excavations and the fallen sculptures from the Sun Temple. The museum has four galleries where around 260 antiquities are found on display. The antiquities include various sculptures, paintings, manuscripts and various fallen of parts from Konark Sun Temple. It is a treasure house for historians and art lovers!
Things to see
- The first gallery holds 62 antiquities.
- The second gallery exhibits 108 antiquities.
- The third gallery showcases 45 objects.
- The fourth gallery also holds an exhibit of 45 artefacts.
How to get there?
- Nearest Airport: Biju Patnaik International Airport
- Nearest Railway Station: Puri Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Station: Konark Bus Stand
Archaeological Site Museum, Konark
ASI Archaeological Site Museum, Konark, SH 13, Konark, Puri, Odisha, 752111