ASI Archaeological Site Museum, Nalanda
The Archaeological Site Museum in Nalanda is a part of the world heritage list of UNESCO(2016). It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Bihar. The museum was established in 1917 and houses exhibits majorly excavated from Nalanda. If you are interested to learn more about Buddha's life, do visit this museum as it is a popular destination for Buddhist tourism.
Things to see
- Samantabhadra's image, 2 meters tall
- Buddha in his dharmachakra mudra
- Stone sculptures of the Buddhism, Jainism and Brahmanical faith in gallery 1
- 93 bronze items of Nalanda in gallery 3
- 2 huge jars, excavated from the complex where monks lived
How to get there?
- Catch a flight to Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport, the nearest airport to the Nalanda museum.
- Rajgir Railway Station is the nearest railway station for people travelling by train.
Archaeological Site Museum, Nalanda
ASI Archaeological Site Museum, Nalanda, Nalanda University Site Road, Bargaon, Nalanda, Nalanda, Bihar, 803111