ASI Archaeological Site Museum, Tumluk
Tamluk, a city which was quite popular for its trade and religion saw a museum being established in 1975 to preserve its rich heritage. This museum is particularly famous for its Terracotta exhibits along with other ancient artefacts. Visit this museum in the beautiful state of West Bengal and get a sneak peek into this city of such historical importance.
Things to see
- Terracotta lamps of different eras
- Terracotta trade and religious(Buddhist/Dharani) seals
- Terracotta sarcophagus
- Roman Amphora, evidence of Tamluk interaction with the Romans
- Scroll paintings called Patachitras
- Coins of different time periods
How to get there?
At a distance of 100 km from Kolkata, this museum is easily accessible by road.
- The nearest bus station is Esplanade Bus Terminus.
- Nearest airport is Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport.
- Nearest railway station is Tamluk Railway Station.
Archaeological Site Museum, Tamluk
ASI Archaeological Site Museum, Tumluk, Tamluk Srirampur Rd, Uttar Chara Sankarara, Tumluk, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal, 721636