Auli weekend tour | Justwravel
Auli is a Himalayan Ski Resort, surrounded by coniferous and oak forests, overlooked by the Nanda Devi and Nar Parvat mountains. The town of Joshimath and Auli are connected by long cable car links. Badrinath Temple, Valley of Flowers National Park and the wildlife such as snow leopards and red foxes all lie North of Auli.
Day 0 : Overnight travel from Delhi to Rishikesh via Haridwar
- Approximately 230 km away from Delhi, Rishikesh is our first pit stop and will be the kick-off point of an incredible adventure! The overnight journey would be around 5-6 hours long and you’ll reach Rishikesh in the morning the next day, crossing Haridwar on the way which is a famous tourist spot for its artistic feels and is also a humble city, famous for being one of the holiest in our country.
Day 1 : Rishikesh to Joshimath /Auli
- This is going to be a long day with a drive of around 300+ kilometers from Rishikesh and 10-12 hours of the bus journey. This route goes beside the famous prayags of Uttarakhand such as:
- Vishnuprayag, Nandaprayag, Karnaprayag, Rudraprayag, and Devprayag in the descending order of the flow sequence. These are the ‘PanchPrayags’ of the state of Uttarakhand that connotes the five sacred Garhwal Himalaya confluences.
- Situated in the beautiful district of Chamoli is the town of Joshimath that serves as the winter seat of Lord Badri, who is brought to this town in idol form by the followers from the Badrinath Temple to the Vasudeva Temple.
- Dinner and Bonfire at the stay in Joshimath.
Day 2 : Auli Sightseeing and Day at Leisure
- Post Breakfast at the property we start for Auli
- Auli is 16 kilometers from Joshimath and can be called the capital of Winter Sports in India following the recent developments where athletes from all over the world have made their way to this scenic place in Winters to participate in the Annual Winter games held at Auli.
- Day at leisure at Auli, wherein the group engages in adventure sports and small hikes.
- Return to Joshimath by evening.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Joshimath
Day 3 : Back to Rishikesh and overnight Travel to Delhi
- We start from Joshimath for Rishikesh post breakfast, traveling via the same route.
- Return to Rishikesh by evening and then overnight Volvo bus from Rishikesh to Delhi.
Transport Delhi to Delhi
4 meals during stay ( 2 Dinner + 2 Breakfast)
Stay on Double / Triple sharing basis
Bonfire - if weather permits
Meals apart from mentioned
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Things To Pack
Down Jacket (Main jacket)
Tshirt or Fleece
Extra pair of Socks
Rucksack (At least 40L)
Mufflers/ Neck Warmer
Extra pair of Clothes
First Aid Kit
*Add extra thermal layers and sweater during the winter season