Badal Mahal Gate, Chanderi
The Badal Mahal Gate is a different site altogether with no Mahal or palace connected to it. Chanderi is common for isolated gates that were erected to commemorate important events. This double arched entrance has a circular and tapering bastions at the sides. With a total height of the structure being 50 feet, it is an imposing and interesting structure built against the background of the hill-fort.
Things to see
- The ornaments are miniature arched facades
- The geometric motifs.
- The jaalis of four separate patterns on the gate.
- The two floral roundels & the minarets.
How to get there?
- The Gwalior & Jhansi is the airport close to the Chanderi Gate.
- The Chanderi bus station is the closest bus station which is connected to all cities.
- The Lalitpur railway station is the nearest railway station to this site.
Badal Mahal Gateway, Chanderi
Badal Mahal Gate, Chanderi, MP SH 10, Chanderi, Ashoknagar, Madhya Pradesh, 473446GET DIRECTIONS