Beginners Calligraphy Online Course
About the course: You will learn the basics of modern brush calligraphy in this course, which you can easily do from home. The course includes a hands on practice session where you get to understand the calligraphy techniques and styles of writing with a brushpen. The practice session will then lead on to creation of your own artworks. It will be all unique and wonderful. Don't fret if you have never done a piece of art before. You will be just as comfortable without any experience.
It has a course structure for 3 weeks learning. There are 5-6 modules/videos for each week. On sign up, you receive an email from me with the link of the course from where you can download the whole course.
• Full instructive videos and tutorials by me
• This is not a live session
• Everything is downloadable and you have lifetime access to the course
• On sign up, you receive the entire 3 weeks course material
• You can start it whenever you want to, and do the course at your own pace
• I will review your assignment and give you feedback
This Course is perfect for beginners.
In this course, you will learn:
• Introduction to Modern Calligraphy
• Basics & Fundamental Strokes
• Lowercase Alphabets
• Linking of alphabets
• Basic word formation
• Insight towards Composition
Requirements: You only need to have a Brushpen and blank papers with you for this course. No print-outs required. You can order brushpens online from Amazon. Camlin and Tombow brushpens are good to start with.
About the host: I am Menal Dwivedi, a designer + illustrator + calligrapher. I am the founder of my brand - The Pink Magnet. To know more about my work, head to Instagram @thepinkmagnet
I have taught over 600 students in calligraphy and art. I make artistic, quirky & fun products which are both handcrafted and digital. I have specialised in visual art direction for the last 10 years. Lately, I have been taking art & design workshops in Berlin, Vienna, Belgium and my workshops have been attended by people from over 15 countries. You can see past workshop images on Instagram @thepinkmagnet.