Bellary Fort, Ballari
The Bellary Fort is a combination of 2 forts built in the Ballari district of Karnataka. The Upper Fort, built during the Vijayanagar reign is called the Fort Hill while the Lower Fort built during the rule of Haider Ali is called the Face Hill. With a total height of 1,976 feet the fort stands magnificently basking in the sunlight. Take a tour of this well-planned fort and have a look at the beautiful architecture.
Things to see
- The sturdy edifices that get water supply from reservoirs built in the fissures of the rocks.
- The main turret featuring a huge mural of the Indian Flag.
- The numerous bastions encircling the fort structure
- The Anjaneya Temple dedicated Lord Hanuman
How to get there?
- The Kempegowda International Airport is the nearest airport from which you can avail taxis to the site.
- The Ballari Junction Railway Station is the nearest railway station from the fort.
- The APSRTC Bellary Bus Station is the bus station you are to get down if you wish to visit the site.
Bellary Fort, Ballari, Devi Nagar, Ballari, Ballari, Karnataka, 583104GET DIRECTIONS