October 31 | 6AM - January 4 | 3AM
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Brahmatal can be considered as the ‘all in one package’ among a long list of trekking destinations across the country. The Brahmatal trek exposes you to various mountain peaks all at the same time namely Mt Chaukhamba, Mt Neelkanth, Mt Hathi Ghoda among others.
The beautiful campsites and the snow-filled trek make it a complete deal that one cannot miss exploring. There exist more than enough snow to take a slow-mo video of yourself tossing the snow upwards or having a snow-fight which makes you fall in love with the place. And if you want some insta worthy location then Brahmatal is surely your best option.
The trek lasts for a total of 6 days and starts from Lohajung, which is about 300 Kilometers away from Deharadun. It takes about 3 days to reach the Brahmatal summit known as Brahmatal pass and then the group starts to head back into the direction of Lohajung, marking the end of the trek.
The distance for the trek is 24 Kilometers and one would reach the top at an elevation of 12,100 Ft during the full course of Brahmatal trek. Solo travelers, first-timers, as well as experienced trekkers, prefer and love Brahmatak trek. The best time to visit the Bhramatal trek is during winters, more specifically during the months of November to January.
The reasons you need to check out Brahmatal trek in 2019 are far more than many but if you still got doubts then let us clear them up while you are on a trip to Brahmatal with Justwravel.
Day 1 : Drive from Rishikesh to Lohajung - 300 kms
- The pickup will be arranged from Rishikesh at 6 AM and from there we will start our road journey towards Lohajung. Lohajung is around 300 km away from Rishikesh so it takes around 11-12 hours to reach the destination of the day. The route passes through Devprayag, Srinagar, Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag and finally to the village. As you reach near the village, the Nanda Ghunti peak gets visible. Upon reaching the village, check-in into the guest house and rest. You can also explore the market and shop for winter clothing or any trekking gear as the market has several shops.
- Dinner and overnight stay in the guest house at Lohajung.
Day 2 : Trek from Lohajung to Bekaltal,4-5 hours.
- Post breakfast, you will start the first-day trek and approach towards Bekaltal. The trek goes through the forest on a zig-zag trail. Just after walking for few meters, you will reach a village called Mandoli where you can refill your water bottles. The trail ascends gradually all the way. After walking for an hour, you will reach a point where you can see the confluence of Kali and Pindari rivers. If you are trekking in the months of February and March, you will see a lot of Rhododendrons on the way. Cross the bridge and walk and you will have a sight of the meadows (green or white, depending on the season). From here, it will take a maximum of one & half hour to reach the Bekaltal campsite having a pristine lake. The lake shines in summers and is remains frozen during winters. You will have your camps near the lake. Enjoy the scenic campsite and the views.
- Dinner and overnight stay in camps at the Bekaltal campsite.
Day 3 : Trek from Bekaltal to Brahmatal
- Enjoy the morning views on the trek. It's better that you wake up during sunrise and have a heavenly sight of sunlight while incidenting on the snowcapped Himalayan peaks. Have your breakfast and you will begin your trek towards the Brahmatal lake. The starting trail will go steep and pass through the dense bushes of Oak and Rhododendrons and will lead you to a vast meadow of Telandi. You will ascend gradually on the meadow and reach the highest point of it and from where the trail will start going downhill towards the lake. While approaching towards the lake, you will see a small temple having yellow flags flying above it. You will descend to the temple and continue on the trail to the lake. From there, the valleys of Nainital and Almora will be visible. The magnificent peaks of Trisul, Nanda Ghunti and other remarkable peaks will also be visible. The camps will be set up 500 meters away from the lake. Enjoy the piping hot tea in the evening.
- Dinner and overnight stay in the camps at Brahmatal.
Day 4 : Trek from Brahmatal to the summit (Brahmatal Pass) and back to Brahmatal
- Today, you will start a bit early as you will be going to visit the Brahmatal lake which is a slightly uphill climb from the campsite. The zig-zag trail will lead you to the beautiful lake. The lake shines beautifully on a sunny day. After spending time at the lake, you will head towards Brahmatal pass. You will take the trail going along the stream and walk through it. After crossing the meadow, head for the final ascent to the pass. The final ascent is steep and sharp and you will get tired but as you reach the top, all the tiredness will vanish by the jaw-dropping views of the mighty Himalayan peaks. After finishing the hunger of your camera, start descending towards the campsite. Evenings will be spent at the Brahmatal campsite.
- Dinner and Overnight stay in camps at Brahmatal.
Day 5 : Trek from Brahmatal to Lohajung
- Post breakfast, you will start the downhill trek. The downhill trail will take you back to the civilization. The trail will be the same which you took while coming up. Down hill trek will take less time as compared to uphill one. Though the distance will be longer but it will not be tiring. Reach Lohajung and rest.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Guesthouse at Lohajung.
Day 6 : Drive from Lohajung to Rishikesh
- Wake up, have breakfast and board the taxi for Dehradun. You will retrace the same route and reach the capital of Uttarakhand. You will be dropped at Rishikesh Bus Stand. Trip Ends.
Accommodation: Stay is included from day 1 to Day 6 – you will be staying at guest house and camps on all days of trekking.
Transportation: To and from the base location.
Meals: All Meals from day 1 dinner to day 6 breakfast are included. We provide simple nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trek.
Camping Charges: All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
Support Staff: Trek Leader and Local Guide.
Trekking Equipment: you will be staying in high quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. We provide high altitude sleeping bags which can stand temperatures as low as - 10 deg c. We also provide ropes, micro spikes, gaiters etc. As required.
Safety Equipment: First aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, Stretchers etc. will be available at all campsites to deal with emergencies.
Food during transit to and from the base camp.
Backpack offloading charges.
Personal expenses of any kind.
Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation / roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
Anything apart from Inclusions.
Booking amount is non-refundable.
No refund of total trip amount will be provided on cancellation, 10 days prior to departure date.
50% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 11-20 days prior to scheduled departure date.
90% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 21-90 days prior to scheduled departure date.
100% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation, 90+ days prior to scheduled departure date.
If due to any unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control. Act of God, we won't be able to refund the complete amount.
For Cancellations/ Refund Request , kindly reply to the confirmation mail and get in touch with the Team. All cancellations will be considered only after the mail has been received.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket (Main jacket)
Tshirt or Fleece
Extra pair of Socks
Trekking/ Hiking Shoes (Forclaz 100 and above or Arpenaz 100. Checkout in Decathlon stores)
Rucksack (At least 40L)
Mufflers/ Neck Warmer
Extra pair of Clothes
First Aid Kit
*Add extra thermal layers and sweater during the winter season
Chamoli, Uttarakhand 246481GET DIRECTIONS