Breezer Vivid Shuffle - Breaking
This year, hip-hop will take center-stage all over again. This medium of expression of the youth now gets a national stage and sweepstakes, with Breezer Vivid Shuffle: India's biggest hip-hop dance festival.
This is a pan-India competition with 5 regional rounds and one grand finale where individuals and crews will get the chance to battle it out across a variety of styles. Apart from being the first-ever event of this scale, Breezer Vivid Shuffle also offers India's largest cash prize pool for a hip-hop dance festival. Excited enough?
You must be 18 years or above on the day of the event to participate.
The event consists of a Regional Round and a Finale.
Round 1: Cypher for 45 seconds.
Round 2: Top 16 battle it out 1v1 to discern who qualifies to the Finale.
The qualified BBoy/Bgirls in the country battle it out 1v1 till we find the top breaker in India.
Disclaimer: The winners of the finale are hereby notified that they will be featured in the official Breezer Vivid Shuffle music video. It will be shot the day after the finale (Oct 14) along with Varun Dhawan and the international judges on a track made by Raftaar and by participating you are obliged to comply.
Rules & Regulations
• The Breaking Battle is not divided into age divisions. There is however an age requirement of 18 years
Please note : If any of the participants fail to reach on or before the given call-time, negative marking shall be applicable for the same.
The participants are requested to carry a clean pair of shoes to be worn inside the venue since outside footwear is not allowed.
• First round will be a cypher round where a Bboy/Bgirl is expected to pack in all his best moves into a single throwdown of not more than 30 seconds.
• After tallying the marks given by the regional judges,16 of the top scoring dancers shall make it to the regional battle round.
• Each breaker will then face another qualified participant in a single round to determine who moves to the next round.
Note- Incase of a tie, a tie-breaker round shall determine the winner.
• The top 8 dancers will then face each other in a battle of two throwdowns each in order to find out who the top 4* breakers from the regional qualifiers shall be. Again in the case of a tie-breaker a singular round shall take place.
• The 4* breakers thus will automatically book a spot for the finals.
• The top 4* will then battle against each other and the final round will happen between the 2 finalists to determine the winner from the regional rounds. (Please note- This is to help us set the battle bracket for the finale, where the winners and runner-ups of each region will face the 3rd and 4th place of competing regions)
Disclaimer: *The number of qualified participants per region is subject to change depending on the number of participants in each region. Note-
Judges decision shall be final
Touching an opponent will lead to a deduction in marks and might even lead to disqualification.
Three judges will officiate.
Note - If you’re an international participant, all the above rules apply in the same manner. We won’t be able to pay for any expenses during the regional rounds but we may cover a part of your expense (Travel, Boarding & Lodging) for the finale if you qualify for the same.
• The top 16 bboys/bgirls will battle in rounds of two (2) minute each will be conducted in 4 throwdowns of 45 seconds each to narrow the field of competition to the top bboys/bgirls in India.
• Two (2) bboys/bgirls will battle at a time to determine which one advances to the next Round.
• The pool is halved and the same process continues till we have the best bboy/bgirl of India.
• Physical contact in battles will not be tolerated and may result in a disqualification or a score deduction for the dancer or dancers involved.
• Inappropriate sexual gestures are not advised.
• All music will be selected by the competition DJ.
• The team determines order of appearance of bboys/bgirls throughout the battle.
• Three judges will officiate.
Note- If you’re a finalist and your travel time is more than 24 hours by train/bus, only then will you be eligible for flights to and fro.