Chadar Trek 2020
Day 01: Arrival Leh Ladakh.
Leh treats your eyes with its beauty as soon as you arrive. Did you know that Leh Airport is the highest airport in the world? Located at an altitude of more than 3500 metres (11,500 ft.) above sea level. If you arrive at Leh during the winter you will notice that there is a lot of cool air as soon as you arrive at the airport and you will be amazed looking at the snow-clad mountains around you. After this fantastic view we head towards the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 02: Acclimatization Day
When we are at a new place sometimes we need some time for the familiarization with the climate and the weather and hence acclimatization is much needed in Leh. To get use to the climate and the weather conditions in Leh, It is mandatory for trekkers doing the Chadar Trek to spend at least two days in Leh for the body to get fully acclimatized to weather conditions in Leh. On this day trekkers can enjoy the nearby places and take a city tour.
Day 03: Medical check-up at SNM Hospital
The Chadar Trek requires, a medical check up to ensure that you are physically fit for the trek. The government has made it mandatory for the trekkers to receive a medical certification before doing the Chadar Trek. After a clearance certificate issued by the authorities, after the medical check-up, the participant is allowed to undertake the Chadar Trek.
Day 04: Trek from Shingra Koma to Tsomo Paldar
Good Morning! Today we proceed toward the Chadar Trek after having a scrumptious breakfast. After driving to Shingra Koma we trek till Tsomo Paldar. The duration of the drive will be Drive 65 kms, 4 – 5 hrs. / 3 kms trek 2 hrs. During this drive, you will be enchanted by the view of the Indus River. Along the drive you will see the Indus River where the confluence of Indus and Zanskar River meets at Nimoo Village. With the enormous mountains piercing the sky the view here looks promising. After reaching the camp our experts explain and provide you all the important information you need to know to defend yourself from the freezing climate. Isn’t it a traveller’s dream to lay back in nature’s arm sipping a hot coffee? Now this is the moment where this dream will come true. Surrounded by huge peaks all around here you can take a short trek into the mountains to see a frozen river which gives a magical effect along with the ambiance of the place. We spend the night in the tent after dinner.
Day 05 - Trek Tsomo Paldar to Tibb (15kms / 7-8 hrs):
Waking up in Mother Nature’s arms is a truly a blessing. After the breakfast and a cup of hot tea in the cold climate it is time to gear up for a trek to the Tibb Caves. The trail to the Tibb Caves is just like a sense from a movie. Snow clad mountain and waterfalls.
Day 06 - Tibb to Nerak (13kms/ 6-7 hrs)
Wake up early in the morning and get ready by 8 am after breakfast. Do not forget to greet the mountains and get ready to look forward to a day filled with a lot of thrill and beautiful sightseeing. Today’s day is all about mountains, ice trails and the Chadar – Nerak frozen waterfalls.
Day 07 - Trek Naerak to Tibb (13kms / 5-6 hrs)
Start the return journey today. The trail consist of frozen river forms and deforms with the changing temperature. The picturesque view will give chills along with the cool breeze.
Return back to Tibb Camp for an overnight stay.
Day 08 - Tibb to Shingra Koma & Back to Leh (9kms Trek 5-6kms/ 75kms drive, 4-5 hrs)
Today we will be at the starting point of Chadar and then back to Leh. On the way you will astonished by the view of the valley, mountains and the frozen river. To add to the excitement of this trek, you may also find the pugmarks of animals like Ibex or Snow leopard on the way. In the evening we will drive back to Leh.
As you have accomplished the challenging trek, you will feel pride and it will be a cherished memory of your life. You have learnt the techniques and skill to survive in harsh extreme weather condition and also have witnessed the hard life the ZANSKARI people are facing, the respect and encouragement for the Zanskari people bravely fighting the odds, surviving and defeating and accepting the will definitely teach you a lifetime lesson to remember.
Day 09 - Tuesday , 22nd January 2019 - Departure from Leh
All things end at a certain point and so does this beautiful journey. Pack up as it is time for our return journey. Depart to Leh KBR Airport. We recommend trekkers to book evening flight tickets.
- Do note that during winters, the only way to get to Leh is through flight. Make sure you book an early flight and land at Leh by noon.
- Do not rush at the last minute and book your flight months prior to avail cheaper rates
- Since Leh is situated at an height of 11,800 feet, the strong cold winds will welcome you as soon you leave the plane. Make sure you have your gloves, jacket and woolen cap handy.
- Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek.
- Rescue and medical team will be available on call in case of any exigencies from Chilling or Naerak DTPT point.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple/Quad sharing basis while on the trek.
- Accommodation Leh Guest House (Day 1,2,3, 8 according to Itinerary)
- Camping while on Trek on (Day 4,5,6,7 according to Itinerary)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)–Hot Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner starting from Day 4 Lunch to Day 8 Breakfast.
- Trek equipments including -30 degree comfortable double layer sleeping bags, sleeping matts, air breathable 4 season camping tents, mobile kitchen and utensils for food.
- First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers.
- Fixed return transfers from Leh Guest House to Trek Base Camp is included in the package as per the itinerary on Day 4 and Day 8
- Porters to carry the common luggage including tents, sleeping bags, kitchen tents, camping ration and food, fuel/kerosene, oxygen cylinders, toilet tents.
Chadar trek 2020
Leh, Jammu and Kashmir
Leh, jammu and kashmir, India