Cheerleader of Europe @IGNITE! 2016
12 October 2016 | 8 PM
OddBird Theatre, Delhi
Europeans have become impatient and skeptical about the European Project. With no decisive economic recovery in sight – but widespread unemployment, austerity measures and increased immigration fears – the spectre of crisis has cast a long shadow across the continent.
But one artist, resolute in his beliefs in the constitution of Europe, wishes to marshal the community towards a sense of unity. Who better to play the Cheerleader of Europe than the neutral Asian? Hailing from the economic miracle city-state of Singapore, he is Left and Right, East and West, In and Out and shake it all about. The performance promises a utopic finale, complete with confetti. Everyone must be happy in the end.
CAST + CREDITS
Choreography/Performance: Daniel Kok
Dramaturge: Jorge Gonçalves
Text: Daniel Kok, Sergiu Matis
Producer: Tang Fu Kuen
Tour Technical Manager: Steve Kwek | ARTFACTORY
Supported by: APASS, Nadine, workspacebrussels, PACT Zollverein Essen
Special Thanks to: Peter Stamer, Pierre Rubio
Music: ‘Ode to Joy’, Beethoven; ‘Achupause’, Emptyset
Supported at IGNITE! 2016 by
National Arts Council, Singapore
OddBird Theatre, Delhi
Dhan Mill Compound, 100 Foot Road, SSN Marg, Chhattarpur, New Delhi, Delhi 110030
Terms & Conditions
- Please arrive at the venue at least 15 min before the specified performance time. If you are late, we will let in others who may be waiting in line.
- Seating on first come first seated basis.
- Once purchased, the passes are non-refundable, irrespective of attendance.
- The organizers reserve the right to deny entry to guests arriving after the performance begins.
- Please carry a print out or digital copy of your donor pass or registration to all events.
- Children below 12 years of age are not allowed.
- The festival venues are built to capacity. Management reserves the right to hold entry to certain areas within the festival to ensure a safe festival experience.
- No professional, SLR or DSLR cameras or recording (sound or video) equipment will be permitted in the venue.
- No drug use - consumption of narcotics is illegal and those found in possession of or consuming narcotics at the event will be handed over to police authorities.
- No liability claims of food, pollution and other consumption poisoning will be entertained.
- Parking near or at the show premises is at the risk of the vehicle owner.
- The holder of this ticket grants organizers the right to use, in perpetuity, all or any part of the recording of any video or still footage made of the holder and appearance on any channel or magazine for broadcast in any the all media globally and for advertising, publicity and promotions relating hereto.
- The organizers reserve the right without refund or other recourse, to refuse admission to anyone who is found to be in breach of these terms and conditions including, if necessary, ejecting the holder/s of the ticket from the venue after they have entered the ground.
- The programme is subject to change without prior notice.
- All contributions to The Gati Forum are exempt under section 80G of the Income Tax At 1961. Registration No. DEL-TE25619- 20102014/5652, PAN No. AABTT6472G