Chittorgarh (Chittor Fort), Chittorgarh
An ode to architecture, Chittorgarh Fort in the state of Rajasthan spreads over 700 acres and houses 7 gates, 2 towers and 65 structures. This fort has been a witness to three major invasions - of Alauddin Khilji, Bahadur Shah and Akbar. It has stood tall in all adversities and is a symbol of the Rajput men and women who fought bravely against the enemies and committed jauhar to keep up their honour respectively. Explore one of the largest forts in India, which also happens to be a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Things to see
- Rana Kumbha Palace, the oldest structure dedicated to Rana Kumbha, the first Mewar ruler
- Padmini's Palace, the abode of Rani Padmini, wife of Ratan Singh
- Vijay Stambh, the tallest tower in the fort
- Jain & Hindu temples & 20 water bodies
How to get there?
- You can reach this fort in 2 hours by taking a taxi from Udaipur
- Flights fly from major cities to Udaipur airport which is the nearest airport to Chittaurgarh.
- Trains halt at Chittorgarh Junction, 6 km from the Chittorgarh fort
- You can avail bus services from Udaipur and reach Chittorgarh in 2 hours
Chittorgarh (Chittor Fort), Chittorgarh, Chittor Fort Road, Chittorgarh, Chittorgarh, Rajasthan, 312001GET DIRECTIONS