Coorg Monsoon Special Trek to Tadiyandamol Peak, Lake, Kushalnagar | Muddie Trails
The high mountains of Coorg offer a spectacular setting with dense forest and deep valleys underneath your eyes.
Tadiyandamol is the highest peak in Coorg, well looked after by the forest department. The trek is not really difficult and marks a perfect start for beginners and amateurs. The reward is quite high for a moderate trek of 6 km one way. One gets to trek through coffee estates, thick jungle, sprawling grasslands, the step mountains one after another and stunning views as you keep ascending.
An extra perk of trekking post monsoons and in winter is the crystal clear views of the valleys. It’s truly magical out there. Tadiyandamol is a trek that cannot be ignored!
We will also take you to gushing waterfalls on Sunday to relax and rejuvenate in chilling mountain water. We will head to a beautiful lake to follow up and visit the Tibetan monastery of Kushalnagar.
Are you up for this incredible experience?
Then lets #getmuddie this weekend
- Total slots for the trip: Usually 12 or more
- Stay: At our beautiful homestay (Separate dorm for each gender) amidst coffee plantations with birds chirping all around
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner – all veg included
- Trek difficulty: Moderate (Beginners may attempt)
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
- Starting time: Friday night at 10 PM
- Ending time: Sunday night around 10 PM
- Pick up spots: Tin Factory, Indiranagar 100 Feet Rd, Koramangala Sony World, Electronic City BMW showroom, Mysore Road
- The Tadiandamol Trek (Highest peak of Coorg)
- Coorg waterfalls
- A beautiful Lake
- Kushalnagar Tibetan Monastery
- Music & Dance
- Good veggie food
Day 0 (Friday):
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey of around 6 hours
Day 1 (Saturday)
- Reach homestay, freshen up and have breakfast
- Drive to Tadiyandamol base. Start the hike after grabbing your packed lunch. There are a lot of cool Coffee estates that Coorg is famous for in the initial part of the trek
- As you move further, nature will open up with a combination of thick forests and sprawling grasslands. A well-defined trail used by the trekkers would let us scale the mountain seamlessly.
- The last 500 meters before reaching the summit will be slightly challenging, so gear up for it!
- After conquering the mountain, revel at the awesome landscape amidst the clouds, cool breeze hitting your face, relax for a while, rejuvenate and soothe your soul
- Scale down the mountain with the mesmerizing image of the Western Ghats in your mind
- Back to our homestay, campfire with long conversations & well deserved hot dinner
- A social gathering with light music through the night
Day 2 (Sunday):
- Wake up, freshen up and have breakfast
- Drive to a thunderous waterfall, take a dip in the chilling water
- Head to Kushalnagar of Coorg, have Lunch at a local restaurant
- Visit a beautiful, almost hidden Lake and revel at the serenity of water, go around for a nature walk and explore the scenic beauty of the place
- Visit Namdroling Monastery which is part of the largest Tibetan settlement in South of India. It gives a feeling of being in a beautiful alien land like Bhutan.
- After this, start back to Bangalore and reach home by night
- Stay at our lovely backpackers’ homestay (Separate Dormitory for each gender)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner – All Veg
- Campfire with group activities
- Experience all places mentioned in the Highlights section
- Forest Dept entry charges & necessary permissions
- Organizer(s) from MT to look after all the activities
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Lunch on Sunday
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned above
If you agree to following Terms & Conditions and Refund Policy: http://bit.ly/MuddieTerms
You may register by using the Book Now button and join the Muddie Gang!
What’s next after booking tickets:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a night before the event
- Information like exact pickup locations, things to pack, Organizer details, etc will be shared in the group
- The facilities in this trek are basic without any luxury. Not for comfort seekers.
Get Muddie in Travel...
|Slots:||10 or more|
|Food:||2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner - all Veg included|
|Stay:||At our warm welcoming homestay|
|Transport:||A tempo traveler or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non AC)|
|Starting time:||Friday night at 10 PM|
|Ending time:||Sunday night around 10 PM|
|Trek difficulty level:||Easy to Moderate|
|Trek distance:||5 km one way|
|Pick-up/Drop points:||Tin Factory, Indiranagar, Koramangala, Electronic City, Mysore Road|
- Accommodation at our homestay on sharing basis
- 2 Breakfasts, lunch, and Dinner - All unlimited
- Forest office charges & trek permissions
- Campfire (if it doesn't rain or not too damp)
- Organizer from MT
- Lotta entertainment ;-)
- Lunch on Sunday
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- You are going to travel with a group. It's very important to read and understand our terms & conditions here: http://bit.ly/MuddieTerms.
- Our facilities are basic. If you expect any luxury, please do not register.
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks 24 hours before the event start time.
- Information like exact pickup locations, things to pack, etc will be shared in the group
- Do not forget to read our "Terms & Conditions" before registering!
Terms & Conditions of Muddie Trails
- No alcohol & smoking during Treks & adventure activities. There would be separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at campsite/homestay for interested people
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities! We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel & accommodation.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted
- Absolutely No littering during our travels. We swear to protect our environment.
- Co-operate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won't miss out on the real fun part - that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety while traveling with Muddie Trails. Don't indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle that discharges Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions etc. In most cases, if the time permits, organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s) and/or involving in physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by Muddie Trails.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
Cancellation by Organizer (Muddie Trails):
- Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- The organizers will inform you about the cancellation 24 hours before the event start time so that you have enough time to make an alternate plan
- In this case, the full amount will be refunded.
- Alternatively, you can also choose to postpone your ticket to the future event or switch to another event by Muddie Trails.
Cancellation by you (The traveler):
- The Organizers have to be informed 48 hours before the event start time if you wish to cancel your event
- In this case, the refund would be processed as per "Refund Policy"
- Alternatively, you may postpone your ticket to future event 48 hours before the event start time
- No postponing your ticket to future events and no refund within 48 hours of event start time
- You may provide a replacement from your end (your friend, colleague or any other) in case you cannot make it to the event because of unforeseen circumstances. This way you can save your hard earned money
- 80% refund before 48 hours of event start time
- No refund within 48 hours of event start time whatever be the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue or anything else)
- No refund during/after the event
- Registration fee or partial payment is done to book your slot is non-refundable
The “Offbeat” theme of Muddie Trails
Travelers are requested to refrain from asking our organizers to take them to ABC temple or XYZ church. The itinerary is already decided and posted based on our offbeat theme. The organizer will only change the itinerary/schedule if any place cannot be done because of unpredictable reasons. If you have a wish list of tourist places to tick off in your mind, then probably Muddie Trails is not for you and we request you - please do not register.