Dance World Cup - India Qualifiers
India's biggest dance competition to find the country's best dancers to represent India at Rome
Dance World Cup is the Olympics for dance with participation from over 56 countries and 18000 competitors from across the world.
Team India has been competing in the Dance World Cup since 2012 and has been winning multiple, Bronze, Silver and Gold Medals for the past 7 years.
India has been hosting its own qualifiers for the last 2 years in order to find India’s best dancing talent from all corners of the country. The Dance World Cup India Qualifiers is open to all Indians and Indians living across the world until the age of 25.
(Refer Rules booklet)
Trophies and Medals for large group and Small group will all be clubbed in one category
Incase there are less than 4 competitors in each category, they will be scored by the judges and will qualify to compete at the Finals in Rome, Italy, however, the contestants under this category will only be given certificates and no medals or trophies.
JUDGES FOR FINALS
• John Grimshaw - DWC Chairman
• Paola Sopranzi from Argentina – DWC Empanelled Judge
(Refer Rules book on www.danceworldcup.in)
IMPORTANT DATES & HOW TO REGISTER
1st February 2020: Last date for Registrations
How to Register
Log on to www.danceworldcup.in, fill the online registration form and pay the necessary registration fees
you can even call the DWCIQ hotline number +91 7019243524 and ask for the form to be emailed along with the payment link.
Registration fees is as follows:
• DWC membership: GBP 10 (payable in Rs. 920/-)
• DWCIQ category fee per dancer per category: GBP 10 (payable in Rs. 920/-)
• Refundable deposit of Rs. 4000/- per dancer for the Dance World Cup Team India Gear.
• Master Classes fees with Paola Sopranzi from Argentina, main Judge for DWC - Latin America: Rs. 2000/- per dancer
PLEASE NOTE: In case the dancer does not qualify for the DWC Finals the refundable deposit for the gear will be refunded in case he/she doesn’t want the gear.
7th February 2020
• Registration kits to be picked up at Phoenix Market City between 4pm & 7pm only
8th February 2020
• DWC India Qualifiers at Phoenix Market City in Bangalore only for dancers registered before 1st February 2020
• Competition starts at 8am sharp, so dancers need to assemble 1 hour before their performance slot.
• Dancers who arrive late will not be able to compete.
• Registration kits will not be given out on the 8th of February 2020
9th February, 2020
Master Classes with Paola Sopranzi from Argentina, main Judge for DWC - Latin America.
10.00 am-12.00 noon: Flamenco (Sevillanas):
12.00 noon-1.00 pm: Lunch Break
1.00pm - 3.00pm: Free Dance / Show dance
1st April 2020
• Last date for DWC final registrations in Rome
About the Dance World Cup India Qualifiers Paola Sopranzi:
Choreographer, Teacher and Dancer member of United Kingdom Alliance. She is the first Bollywood Dance Teacher in the world to be certified through this institution. She is the main dance judge for DWC Latin America and she has been the first Latin American judge who has been judging at the Finals in Offenburg, Germany. She has been one of the judges in “World of Dance” Argentina in October 2019.
She has been trained in jazz dance, contemporary dance, flamenco, folk dances and belly dance, Afro-Cuban and Afro-Brazilian dance, India Classical Dance and Bollywood Dance, Urban styles, yoga, and Fine Arts. Her expertise in Yoga and different styles of dancing has taken her to create a wonderful system of training for dancers. She graduated in Institutional Relations and has a graduate degree in Management and Direction of social organisations. She has performed and provided classes, workshops and Master Class in England, India, Scotland, Holland, France, Spain, Turkey, United States, Brazil, Uruguay and the Argentine Republic.
She was the First Place Winner at The Talent Championship 2010 in Harrow, London, England. She is summoned on a recurring basis to teach special classes and choreograph for different companies and schools of Dance and Arts in Europe and Latin America in the field of Indian Dances and their musical styles. She was honoured at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the City of New Delhi for her contribution to the field of arts and culture, in India. She has also been honoured by Malaysia Ambassador S E Dato ́Mohd Khalid Abbasi Abdul Razak in Argentina. She is the artist chosen by the Malaysian Embassy in Argentina to perform and choreograph for all the cultural events. She is the chairman of “Fundacion Cultural Consciente”, a non-profit organisation whose mission is to develop human potential through the performing arts and Om Gam, a performing arts institution in Buenos Aires-Argentina.
Selection Process at the Qualifiers
• At the Final Qualifiers in Bangalore, a DWC empanelled Judge and the Chairman of the Dance World Cup will choose the country’s best dancers to form the teams to represent India in Rome 2020. (REFER RULES book)
• Once final teams are selected, then the dancers will have to register on the DWC website by paying the event fees. (REFER RULES book for EVENT FEES and other details)
• Download the Rules booklet from www.danceworldcup.in and please read it carefully
For Press coverage, videos and pics of the past qualifiers and the finals log on to www.danceworldcup.in
CONTACT US: +91 7019243524 | <email@example.com> | www.danceworldcup.in
OUR ADDRESS: The Studio, 98/4, Wheeler Road Extn., Cooke Town, Bangalore 560005
Dance World Cup Rules Booklet 2020
Phoenix Market City, Bangalore
Whitefield Main Road, Mahadevpura, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560048GET DIRECTIONS