Dandeli River Rafting and Camping | Plan The Unplanned
Dandeli is a small town in North Karnataka situated on the banks of the river Kali. By the virtue of being a home to Mountains, Jungles and the river, Dandeli is one of the favorite getaways for adventure enthusiasts, with white water rafting being the most favoured sport. The jungles of Dandeli are also famous for being home to the big five; Elephant, Bison, Panther, Tiger and Leopard. It houses the second largest wildlife sanctuary in Karnataka and was designated as a tiger reserve in 2007. A local legend states that the city is named after Dandelappa, a local deity, a servant of the Mirashi landlords, who lost his life because of his loyalty. An alternative legend states that a king named Dandakanayaka passed through the forests and named them after himself, and the city is believed to stand on the place where Dandakaranya stood when he named the area.
Easy to Moderate (difficulty level is subjective)
Depart from Bangalore by 7:00 PM
-Freshen up & have breakfast
-Hike to Syntheri Rocks
-Self Sponsored Lunch in Dandeli
-Report for Rafting
-Rafting / Water Activities
-Sunset Walk at Backwaters
-Return to campsite
-Dinner & Campfire
-Camping in tents
-Wake Up, Freshen up & have breakfast
-Leave campsite by 9.30 AM and leave for Chitradurga
-Have Self Sponsored Lunch on the way
-Explore Chitradurga Fort and Do Sunset Hike
-Depart for Bangalore
-Reach Bangalore by 5 AM (Approx)
-Transportation(AC) to and fro from Bangalore
-Sharing Basis Accommodation in Tents
- sleeping bags and Blankets
- Rafting Activities or Other Water Activities (If Rafting is not allowed)
- ( Veg Only ) Breakfast on Day 1 & Day 2, Dinner on Day 1
-An experience that you gain
- Second Day Lunch, dinner on Day 2
-Any kind of insurance
-Personal Expense:( snacks, mineral water etc)
-Anything not included in the inclusions above.
1. Consumption of alcohol, intoxicants, and smoking would not be tolerated during the entire course of the journey. Kindly co-operate with us to make the experience more fun.
2. Put Litter in its place, do not trash the mother earth.
3. Plan The Unplanned shall not be responsible for any of your belongings, valuables, jewelry etc. Kindly do take care.
4. In the case of traffic delays or breakdowns expect a few delay in reaching the destination.