Dayara Bugyal | Justwravel
Himalayas have always been a charming destination for nature and adventure lovers. Apart from snow clad mountains and forest, Himalayas are also famous for its scenic meadows, also called as Bugyals in local language Uttarakhand. The route to these meadows are also scenic and over the time have become prominent trekking routes. In Uttarakhand, there are several scenic bugyals where one can trek and one such is Dayara Bugyal.
The trek to Dayara Bugyal starts from and ends at a small village, Barsu situated in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. The village is 180 km from the state capital, i.e., Dehradun. It takes around 8 hours to reach the village from Dehradun. The whole trek is scenic and passes through forest, lake, and meadows. One gets to see several snow-capped peaks of Greater Himalayas during the trek. Bakharia Top, standing at an elevation of 12000 feet, is the highest point that can be reached on this trek.
Day 1 : Dehradun to Barsu (8530 ft) (220 km Drive)
- We start our drive from Dehradun in the early morning. Barsu is 180 km from Dehradun and it takes around 8 hours to reach the village. We take the Gangotri route and drive through Mussoorie, Dharasu, Bhatwari and then reach Barsu. After reaching Barsu, we relax for some time and check into Hotel / Camps.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Hotel / Camps
Day 2 : Barsu to Dayara Bugyal via Barnala (9980 ft) (9 km, 6-7 hours trek)
- Wake up early and enjoy the morning with the views. This day we start our trek towards meadows of Dayara via Barnala Tal
- Trek from Barsu to Barnala Tal is a simple ascent, which passes through forests of deodar, silver oaks and rhododendrons. As you reach the campsite, you get to see the scenic meadows having Himalayan peaks in the backdrop. We relax for a while then start towards Daya Bugyal.
- The initial trek is through dense forest and then you will see a large meadow with great views. The campsite at Dayara is beautiful as it offers views of peaks such as Gangotri 1, 2 & 3, Black Peak, Draupadi ka Danda 1 & 2, Banderpoonch, Srikanth, Jaonli and Rudragaira. After reaching, we relax and explore the campsite.
- Dinner and overnight stay in camps.
Day 3 : Dayara Bugyal to Bakaria Top (12000 ft) (3 km, 2.5–3 hours trek) (Back to Barnala Tal)
- Today, we move towards Bakharia Top, which is the highest point on this trek. The trail to the top is quite steep and it continues along the meadows. The top is situated at a height of 12,000 feet and it offers magnificent views of deep valleys and snow laden peaks. Click pictures and enjoy the views. After all this, we start our downwards trek to Dayara Bugyal and further to Barnatal Tal.
- Dinner and overnight stay in the camps.
Day 4 : Trek from Barnala Tal to Barsu and drive to Dehradun
- We start early morning after having breakfast towards Barsu village. We retrace the same route and reach the village by noon. After reaching the village, we have our lunch and start our drive towards Dehradun. We reach Dehradun by night.
- Trip Ends.
Transport Dehradun to Barsu and return
Meals during trek
Forest Permits/Camping Charges , if any
Tents, Sleeping bags, mats
Trek guide, cook, helpers, porters & mules for carrying common luggage
Services of a Trek Leader
Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry etc
Any Entry Fees
Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation / roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
Booking amount is non-refundable.
No refund of total trip amount will be provided on cancellation, 10 days prior to departure date.
50% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 11-20 days prior to scheduled departure date.
90% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 21-90 days prior to scheduled departure date.
100% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation, 90+ days prior to scheduled departure date.
For Cancellations/ Refund Request , kindly reply to the confirmation mail and get in touch with the Team. All cancellations will be considered only after the mail has been received.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket (Main jacket)
Tshirt or Fleece
Extra pair of Socks
Trekking/ Hiking Shoes (Forclaz 100 and above or Arpenaz 100. Checkout in Decathlon stores)
Rucksack (At least 40L)
Mufflers/ Neck Warmer
Extra pair of Clothes
First Aid Kit
*Add extra thermal layers and sweater during the winter season
Taknaur Renge, Uttarakhand 249135GET DIRECTIONS