Dayara Bugyal Trek
October 10 | 7AM - January 2 | 2AM
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Dayara Bugyal trek is made for someone who loves to sit and relax in the lap of nature away from all the worldly distractions. Enjoy the feeling of watching the complete Himalayan range from a snow-covered green garden situated at the elevation of 3,408 meters while sipping on your tea or gorging on that tasty bowl of maggie.
Bugyals are the name given to meadows or green pasture land at higher elevations in the Himalayan region of Uttrakhand. Along with Dayara Bugyal, there are several other Bugyals such as Bedni Bugyal, Tungnath Bugyal, Gorson Bugyal along many others.
The Bugyals get covered with snow during winters and although one can trek through the Dayara any time of the year, the Dayara Bugyal in Winters look much more pleasing and that winter season should be given preference. To be more specific, the best time to visit Dayara Bugyal is in December according to the popular choice.
Dayara Bugyal trekking requires no prior experience and the trek is beginner-friendly. When we combine the Dayara Bugyal trek difficulty level with the amazing scenic view it offers, we are forced to add it to our list of best winter treks in 2019.
The trek lasts for a total of 4 days starting from a village named Barsu which is situated at the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. The journey from Barsu to Dayara Bughyal includes some of the most serene views nature can offer as you trail through the meadows. After reaching Dayara, the group heads out for another round of a 2.5 to 3 hours trek in order to reach Bakaria Top followed by going back to Barsu, marking the end of the trek.
The reasons you need to check out Dayara Bugyal Trek in 2019 are far more than many but if you still got doubts then let us clear them up while you are on a trip to Dayara Bugyal with Justwravel.
Day 1 : Dehradun to Barsu (8530 ft) (220 km Drive)
- We start our drive from Dehradun in the early morning. Barsu is 180 km from Dehradun and it takes around 8 hours to reach the village. We take the Gangotri route and drive through Mussoorie, Dharasu, Bhatwari and then reach Barsu. After reaching Barsu, we relax for some time and check into Hotel / Camps.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Hotel / Camps
Day 2 : Barsu to Dayara Bugyal via Barnala (9980 ft) (9 km, 6-7 hours trek)
- Wake up early and enjoy the morning with the views. This day we start our trek towards meadows of Dayara via Barnala Tal
- Trek from Barsu to Barnala Tal is a simple ascent, which passes through forests of deodar, silver oaks and rhododendrons. As you reach the campsite, you get to see the scenic meadows having Himalayan peaks in the backdrop. We relax for a while then start towards Daya Bugyal.
- The initial trek is through dense forest and then you will see a large meadow with great views. The campsite at Dayara is beautiful as it offers views of peaks such as Gangotri 1, 2 & 3, Black Peak, Draupadi ka Danda 1 & 2, Banderpoonch, Srikanth, Jaonli and Rudragaira. After reaching, we relax and explore the campsite.
- Dinner and overnight stay in camps.
Day 3 : Dayara Bugyal to Bakaria Top (12000 ft) (3 km, 2.5–3 hours trek) (Back to Barnala Tal)
- Today, we move towards Bakharia Top, which is the highest point on this trek. The trail to the top is quite steep and it continues along the meadows. The top is situated at a height of 12,000 feet and it offers magnificent views of deep valleys and snow laden peaks. Click pictures and enjoy the views. After all this, we start our downwards trek to Dayara Bugyal and further to Barnatal Tal.
- Dinner and overnight stay in the camps.
Day 4 : Trek from Barnala Tal to Barsu and drive to Dehradun
- We start early morning after having breakfast towards Barsu village. We retrace the same route and reach the village by noon. After reaching the village, we have our lunch and start our drive towards Dehradun. We reach Dehradun by night.
- Trip Ends.
Transport Dehradun to Barsu and return
Meals during trek
Forest Permits/Camping Charges , if any
Tents, Sleeping bags, mats
Trek guide, cook, helpers, porters & mules for carrying common luggage
Services of a Trek Leader
Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry etc
Any Entry Fees
Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation / roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
No cancellations will be taken over call or whatsapp msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
Free Cancellation upto 60 days before the departure date
59 Days to 45 days of Departure date. 10% of total Trip cost. (Booking amount is non-refundable)
44 Days to 30 Days of Departure date. 25% of the total trip cost
29 Days to 15 Days of Departure date. 50% of the total trip cost.
15 Days to 8 Days of Departure date. 75% of the total trip cost.
7 Days to Trip Departure date. 100% of the total trip cost.
No Show . No refund.
Incase of government orders, harsh weather conditions , protests , landslides or any other unforseen circumstances , we work out the best possible alternate plans or trips/treks. At times even even certain activities are cancelled , the organization provides the best alternate but no refunds are provided.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), JustWravel will issue a trek voucher for the full amount and if possible will provide an alternate trek. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next 365 days from the trek departure date.
If a trek or trip cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Will be beared by customer. Company will not be liable.
Cancellations policy will differ during the peak season and popular places.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket (Main jacket)
Tshirt or Fleece
Extra pair of Socks
Trekking/ Hiking Shoes (Forclaz 100 and above or Arpenaz 100. Checkout in Decathlon stores)
Rucksack (At least 40L)
Mufflers/ Neck Warmer
Extra pair of Clothes
First Aid Kit
*Add extra thermal layers and sweater during the winter season
Taknaur Renge, Uttarakhand 249135GET DIRECTIONS