DEORIA TAL CHOPTA CHANDRASHILA TREK | Hike Brothers
Duration: 3 Days
Highest Altitude: 13,000 ft
Pickup Point: Delhi
Best Time To Visit: Throughout the year
Located at an altitude of 7998.6 ft in Rudraprayag, Uttarakhand Deoria Tal is an alluring destination for adventurers. It is surrounded by the luxuriant green forest with a panoramic view of the majestic Himalayan peaks of Chaukhamba, Neelkantha, Banderpunch, Kedar range and the Kalanag.
This lake has a stunning view of the reflection of Chaukhamba peak on a clear morning. Short and easy trek of 3 km from Sari Village leads to the lake.
Located at an altitude of 8790 ft and surrounded by forests of pine, deodar and rhododendron, Chopta is a destination with so much to witness and relish. It is a part of Kedarnath wildlife sanctuary and is also base for trekking to Tungnath and Chandrashila.
Chopta is like a paradise with lush green pastureland, tiny hamlets and majestic views of the Himalayas. Being located at just 165 Km from Rishikesh and easily accessible, it is one of the best weekend getaways.
Chandrashila- Moon Rock
It is the summit of the Chandranath Parvat on which the Tungnath temple of Panch Kedar is located. The majestic Chandrashila summit serves as a vantage point that offers a heavenly panorama of the Great Himalayas.
This beautiful trek takes you through picturesque meadows, deodar forest and the holy shrine of Tungnath temple.
DAY 0: Pick from Delhi at 10 pm from the designated pick up point and drive for 6hrs from Delhi to Rishikesh.
DAY 1: Drive from Rishikesh for 8-10 hrs to reach Sari village. After lunch at Sari Village trek for 2 hrs to reach Deoria Tal. Overnight stay in tents.
DAY 2: After breakfast descend to Sari Village. Then drive for 30 min to reach Chopta. From Chopta Trek for 4 hrs to reach Tungnath temple(12073 ft) and Chandrashilla Top(16,076.12 ft). Return to Chopta. Overnight stay at guest house.
DAY 3: After breakfast drive for 8-10 from Chopta to Rishikesh. Then Drive 6 hrs from Rishikesh to Delhi.
1. Accommodation- Tents ( Double Sharing) and Guest House ( Double / Triple Sharing)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.) – Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner on the first day. Breakfast, Pack Lunch and Dinner on the second day. Breakfast on the third day. Note During transit from Delhi to Sari village breakfast is not included.
3. Transport from Delhi To Chopta and return. Mode Of Transport will be a comfortable car, Ertiga, Innova or traveller etc. from Delhi.
4. Trekking permits
5. Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent and utensils)
6. First aid medical kits
7. Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
1. Meals during the transit.
2. Any personal expenses.
3. Mules to carry personal luggage.
4. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.