Deoriatal Chandrashila Trek
October 2 | 8PM - December 21 | 4AM
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Deoriatal Chandrashila is one of the most popular treks in the Garhwal Himalayas. A trek that offers majestic views of Himalayas and valleys, alluring views of rare Himalayan birds, blossoms and serene environment.
A trek which is well loved for trekking enthusiasts and nature lovers. It remains accessible almost throughout the year and offers a variety of views and experiences. The duration of the trek is 3 days and is perfect for weekends and extended long weekends.
The trek amazes you all the 3 days from its beauty and experiences. The highlights of this trek include magnificent views of Mt. Chaukhamba, Tungnath temple (World's highest Lord Shiva temple) and scenic Deoriatal Lake. One can be a nature lover or a pro trekker or a photographer or a bird watching amateur, the trek disappoints none.
The trek begins from a small village named, Sari located in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand at a height of 6,601 Feet and it terminates at Chopta, which is a tiny settlement and is the gateway to Tungnath temple and Chandrashila peak (3998 meters). The difficulty level of this trek is easy and is recommended for novice trekkers as well as experienced ones.
Day 0 : Drive from Delhi to Sari via Rishikesh (450 KM drive)
- We assemble at Akshardham Metro Station at 9 PM. Sari is 450 km away from Delhi and it takes around 14 hours to reach the village.
- We have our dinner near Modinagar and take the next halt at Rishikesh. We do an overnight journey to Rishikesh and then from there get ready for an 8 hours mountain drive. We drive through Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Roorkee, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Devprayag, Srinagar and Rudraprayag.
Day 1 : Reach Chopta and Check in to Camps
- We cross Rishikesh early in the morning and amidst the way to Chopta, don't forget to take pictures at the confluence of Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers at Devprayag. From Rudraprayag, we take the route to Kedarnath and drive towards Chopta village via Agastyamuni and Ukhimath.
- We reach Chopta around Lunch. Relax at the campsite for a while and get ready for the next day of trek to Tungnath Chandrashila.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Camps in Chopta
Day 2 : Trek from Chopta to Tungnath Chandrashila
- Wake up and gear up for the most important day of the trek. If weather permits, we try to start our trek by 5 in the morning to see the sunrise from the summit. Firstly, we drive to Chopta and then we start the trek to Tungnath Temple and Chandrashila. The trek from Chopta to Tungnath is 3.5 km in distance and a further 1.5 km steep trek leads to the summit of Chandrashila.
- The trail till Tungnath is rocky and well paved and further from Tungnath, there is no rocky trail. You can also notice a change in the landscape due to an increase in the altitude. The tree line ends at Tungnath and after that, you may find only bushes. It normally takes around 3 hours to reach the Tunganth temple and another 1 hour to reach the Chandrashila summit from the temple.
- The Tungnath Temple is one of the Panch Kedar temples and is considered the highest temple of Lord Shiva in the world. The summit of Chandrashila is standing at an altitude of 4000 meters above sea level. It offers perfect panoramic views of remarkable peaks of Uttarakhand such as Kedarnath, Mandani, Chaukhamba, Nanda Devi, Nanda Ghunti, Hathi, Ghodi, etc.
- After clicking photos at the summit, we start descending back to Chopta through the same route that we took while ascending. It takes 2-3 hours to come down and we stay at Camps near Chopta.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Camps
Day 3 : Chopta to Sari to Deoriatal and Back to Delhi
- Sari is a small and quaint village situated at a height of 6,601 feet. We reach the village post breakfast, we start our trek to Deoriatal. Trek to Deoriatal is a short trek of about 2.3 km.
- The trail is mildly steep and completely paved with stones. The trek is not tiring as the distance is less and it usually takes 2 hours to reach the lake. We start our trek from the gateway on which it is written: "Welcome to Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary".
- We start our walk through the trail and reach a temple and a few houses. We continue our trek and after about 1 km, turn around and enjoy the bird’s eye view of Sari village. There are few shelters available on the trek where one can relax.
- Though the trek is easy, it can be a bit tiring for first-timers. The trail passes through the scenic forest of Rhododendron and Oak. After reaching the lake, you see a forest check post and green pastures of land. Enjoy the views and the starry night if the weather is clear. The lake is girded by forest and meadows.
- Trek down to Sari and start your return journey to Delhi.
- Reach Delhi early next morning.
2 Night accommodation in Swiss Camps in Chopta
Meals ( All Veg): from Lunch on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 3 ( 6 Meals in total, 2 Lunch + 2 Dinner + 2 Breakfast)
Trekking guide for trekking.
Exclusive Non-AC Vehicle dedicated for the Group during entire Tour
Vehicle type: Tempo Traveler / Innova
Driver Allowances, toll taxes, parking, state taxes.
Forest entry fees
Any meals during travel from New Delhi to Chopta and vice versa.
Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry etc
Any Entry Fees
Any additional expenses caused by a disturbance in the trip program due to circumstances like weather conditions, sickness, natural disasters, riots, etc.
Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation/roadblocks/landslides/strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Any kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
No cancellations will be taken over call or whatsapp msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
Free Cancellation upto 45 days before the departure date
Booking amount is Non Refundable
44 Days to 30 days of Departure date. 10% of total Trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
29 Days to 20 Days of Departure date. 25% of the total trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
19 Days to 10 Days of Departure date. 50% of the total trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
10 Days to 6 Days of Departure date. 75% of the total trip cost will be charged as cancellation fee.
6 Days to Trip Departure date. 100% of the total trip cost will be charged as a cancellation fee.
No Show . No refund.
Incase of government orders, harsh weather conditions , protests , landslides or any other unforseen circumstances , we work out the best possible alternate plans or trips/treks. At times even even certain activities are cancelled , the organization provides the best alternate but no refunds are provided.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), JustWravel will issue a trek voucher for the full amount and if possible will provide an alternate trek. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next 365 days from the trek departure date.
If a trek or trip cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Will be beared by customer. Company will not be liable.
Cancellations policy will differ during the peak season and popular places.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket (Main jacket)
Tshirt or Fleece
Extra pair of Socks
Trekking/ Hiking Shoes (Forclaz 100 and above or Arpenaz 100. Checkout in Decathlon stores)
Rucksack (At least 40L)
Mufflers/ Neck Warmer
Extra pair of Clothes
First Aid Kit
*Add extra thermal layers and sweater during the winter season
Sari, UttarakhandGET DIRECTIONS