Durga Temple, Aihole
A medieval era Hindu temple located in Aihole, Karnataka that has stood in honour of Goddess Durga. It is built in honour of all those Maratha warriors who were ready to protect their motherland at the draw of a sword. Visitors walking into this holy place don't just walk under the temple structure for spiritual value but also for its historical value.
Things to see
- Traditional style of temple architecture
- Representations of Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva
- The most original feature of the temple is a peristyle delimiting an ambulatory around the temple.
- Sculptures of many other Gods and Goddesses
How to get there?
- The nearest bus stand to reach this temple is Hubli Bus Stand
- The nearest airport is Hubballi Airport
- The nearest railway station is Hubli Junction
Durga Temple, Aihole, Aihole, Aihole, Bagalkot, Karnataka, 587124