Eco-Camping at PrabalMachi
"Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”― Jack Kerouac
Ever felt like leaving it all and running away to the mountains? How about a Quickie Road Trip not so far from Mumbai? Away from the obnoxious party scenes, away from the pollution? And instead listen to some soothing music; sleep under a billion stars and wake up to fresh cold mountain air!
We’re thrilled to bring to you a special Camp night at Prabalmachi, a trip to rejuvenate both your mind and soul. Expect camp fire, songs, and of course, Horror Stories!
Prabalmachi is a huge meadow perched on a hilltop which is not too high above the sea level. It’s an ideal setting for camping as it’s got all the basic amenities (washroom etc.). Interestingly, Prabalmachi is also the base village for a popular trek in the area, Kalavantin Durg. Enthusiasts can optionally join us for a morning trek to catch the first sunrise from the top of this geological wonder!
How to reach?
Timings mentioned below
01:30 PM – CST
01:50 PM – Vadala Road
02:01 PM – Kurla
02:20 PM – Vashi
02:50 PM – Panvel
Once you reach Panvel, take a tuk-tuk (arranged by us) and reach till the base village
03:00 PM – Meet us at Panvel Railway station (by train)
04:00 PM – Reach at the base village, Introduction session
04:30 PM – Start hiking through the jungle
06:30 PM – Reach Prabalmachi, have fresh lime juice, explore the place and enjoy the setting sun
07:00 PM – Start pitching tents
08:00 PM – collect wood for camp fire
09:00 PM – Dinner (authentic local food)
10:00 PM – Time for unplugged live music and then Ghost stories
11:30 PM – Get inside your cozy tent and retire for the night.
06:00 AM – Wake up call and Tea
08:00 AM – Wake-up call and Tea
10:00 AM – Breakfast
12:00 PM – Reach Base Village and depart.
- This is a budget nature trip. The facilities available at the campsite are minimal. The tents are simple but cozy, non-luxury tents. The food will be simple but tasty authentic village food.
- Since the campsite is at an eco-sensitive zone, permanent toilets are not available at the campsite but can be accessed at a walking distance.
- In case of any unexpected change in weather or other unforeseen situations that are beyond our control and due to which camping may not be feasible, we will try our best to make alternate stay arrangements in the nearby homestay OR village (subject to availability).
- In case it rains, campfire will not be possible.
- The itinerary is indicative only. A circumstantial delay can be expected on the day. Please make post trip plans after adding a buffer accordingly.
- Do not jump into any water body or go away from the group/campsite as it can be hazardous to life.
- Group safety is our top priority and the trip leader has the final and binding authority to take all final decision on the spot.
- Morning trek will be carried out if more than half of the participants are willing to go for it.
Things to wear
Trekking/ Hiking shoes (Floaters and Sandals are not allowed) or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip.
Things to be carried by you
Personal First Aid Kit
Jacket/ Sweater for night
Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
Personal Sanitary Kit
Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
Panvel Railway Station
Railway Station, Sector 18A, Forest Colony, New Panvel, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 410206