Everyday Yoga Series
Asanas and pranayama to beat stress, boost immune system, increase flexibility, improve strength, help focus, and cure chronic ailments. Benefits of incorporating yoga as a way of life.
About Madhusatta Chaudhury
- Practicing yoga since the tender age of 9 only to cure her congenital asthma, Madhusatta’s journey through yoga has been anything if not eventful.
- After learning the ropes of therapeutic yoga, she was hooked. And once the asthma was under control, she chose not to walk away from the discipline. Instead, she graduated to participating in full-fledged competitive yoga. Madhu has won three district, three state and two national level titles in sub-junior and junior girls’ categories, in various competitions organized by the Federation of Yoga Training and Research Association of India.
- In spite of having to take a break from pursuing the study and practice of yoga due to educational and professional commitments, Madhu’s passion for yoga never waned. One could say life too was nudging her to get back to her first love, and when the long hours of her job in IT started causing her severe low back pain, she came right back to yoga, 25 years after she had hit the pause button on it.
- Currently she is a practitioner of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga but is also proficient in Hatha and restorative yoga.
- She has completed her 250-hour teacher training certificate from Mysore under the instruction of Yogacharya Bharat Shetty in the tradition of Krishnamacharya (whose students included Pattabhi Jois and BKS Iyengar).
- She is a Yoga Alliance USA certified teacher and also a major in Physiology, thanks to which she has a very good understanding of the complexities of the human anatomy and physiology. Her MBA in human resource development enables her to understand human psychology better and thereby help clients with counselling and stress management.
- Classes and Workshops:
- Teaches primarily Ashtanga yoga in her studio "Grab your Mat" based out of Jodhpur Park.
- Also a consultant yoga specialist for junior golfers at the Protouch Golf Academy.
- Teaches at Solace Wellness.
- Teaches members of the Kolkata International Womens' Club.
- Has conducted several Ashtanga and Hatha yoga workshops in different studios, clubs and corporate organizations of the city including Calcutta Swimming Club,Twinnings Tea and DVC to name a few.
- With an aim to popularize and make yoga accessible to every strata of the society have conducted several workshops for orphanages on behalf of the Lion's Club and for Loreto house rainbow girls on behalf of Bhumi.
- Was an official speaker for the "Breaking the silence" summit based out of Texas, topics included (healing trauma through yoga and how yoga promotes self love).
- Have conducted workshops for the faculty and students of several B schools including the International School for Business and Media and leadership program for Techno India.
- A lover of hybrid yoga, has knowledge of basic acro and aerial yoga and conducts YogaDance workshops with an eminent dancer of the city.
- Chosen Yoga Ambassador "Fit Exceptional" for FitExpo 2019.
For more details check @grabyourmat on Facebook and Instagram.
Level of participant: Beginner
Age group of participant: 15 to 55