Banavasi, an ancient temple town in Karnataka is existing since 4000 BC. Claimed to be the oldest town in the state, finds it's place even in the Hindu mythology Mahabharata and was called "Vanavasika". Surrounded by the beautiful Varada River on 3 sides, Banavasi was the capital of the Kadamba dynasty. It is also home to the famous " Pampa Vana" dedicated to Adikavi Pampa, the first poet of Karnataka who was born here in the 9th century.
This unique initiative is supported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in India to promote and encourage Endogenous Tourism project in Banavasi.
Come explore the Unseen charm and beauty of Banavasi!
What we will provide:
- Best price and package
- Experience beyond the usual
- Well guided tour experience
- Basic yet peaceful stay (no AC , no TV)
- Authentic local veg food
- Memorable experiences
- Madhukeshwar Temple Tour
- Visit to the famous Pampa Vana
- Local lunch
- Varada River tour
- Banavasi village walk with some local shopping
- Pineapple farm tour
- Interaction with the local artists
- Gudnapura lake and Sunset experience
- Groups are welcome ( 11 double occupancy rooms available with attached bathrooms)
- Children aged 12 years and above can easily stay in groups.
- Additional itinerary can be created on an extra cost
- Cost involves stay, all meals and local transportation.