Garbett Point Night Trek | Wandering Souls
Trek under the sparkling sky to this beautiful destination in Matheran
Garbett Plateau is one of the most beautiful trek in Matheran. It offers a 360-degree panoramic view of the entire Matheran range. This lovely spot was discovered in 1850 by Hugh Poyntz Malet, the collector of Thane district. Garbett point is located on South-west side of Matheran with a grand view of the plateau.
Difficulty: Low to Medium || Endurance: Medium || Type: Night Trek
- 21:58 hrs – Catch the Khopoli Fast local leaving from CST at 21:58 hrs from your respective stations
- 23:50 hrs – Meet Wandering Souls team at Bhivpuri Road station, we will start our trek after a brief introduction
- 00:15 hrs – Start the trek
- 04:30 hrs – Reach Garbett Plateau, take some rest explore the area
- 05:30 hrs – Move towards Garbett Point, get a panoromic view of matheran. Witness a beautiful sunrise
- 07:30 hrs – Start towards Dasturi Naka after clicking a mandatory group pic
- 08:30 hrs – Reach Dasturi Naka and leave for Neral in our transfer vehicle.
- 09:00 hrs – Arrive at Neral. Have breakfast and tea. This brings us to the end of the trip, or rather just the beginning of your adventure stories with Wandering Souls
21:58 hrs – CST
22:11 hrs– Dadar
22:19 hrs– Kurla
22:23 hrs– Ghatkopar
22:39 hrs– Thane
22:51 hrs– Dombivali
23:02 hrs – Kalyan
23:43 hrs – Bhivpuri Road
You can catch the train from your respective stations.
If you miss the train you miss the trek!
- Matheran to Neral Transport
- Breakfast and Tea
- Goodies from GOSport
- Expertise and Guide charges
- Local Guidance
- First Aid Certified Co-ordinators
- Anything other than the above-mentioned things
- Train Tickets
Things to Carry
- Identity Proof
- Bottle of Water (at least 2 litres)
- Torch with extra batteries (Mandatory)
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits etc.
- Cap, Camera
- Good Trekking shoes
- Wind cheater
- Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
- Haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry sling bags or jholas
Pick Up & Drop Off Points
Pick-up: Bhivpuri Station
Drop off: Neral Station
How will you contact me once I register?
We will be mailing you the details about the trek a day or two before the trek. We will also create a WhatsApp group on the day of the trek.
What is the difficulty level of this trek?
This trek is of medium difficulty with around 4 hours of uphill walk/hike. It does not have any technically patches.
Will I be able to do this trek? I have not trekked before.
We encourage you to come and experience the trek with us. Trekking is not about speed and our representatives will be there to encourage you to complete the trek
What is the age limit for this trek?
The age limit for the trek is 18 years with no upper limit. Participants below the age of 18yrs need to be accompanied by a guardian
Can I come alone?
Yes, many of our participants are solo travellers.
Is it safe for a female solo traveller?
It is completely safe for a female solo traveller as our representatives will be there with you all the time.
Moreover, most of our event have 60% female participation.
Can I Bring my Car?
Yes, you can drive till the base village
Will there be parking?
Parking is available at the base village at owners’ risk
Are washrooms available during the trek?
You will not get washrooms during the trek. Washrooms are available at the base village.
Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
Smoking or drinking alcohol is prohibited.
Would I get cellular connectivity?
You will get cellular connectivity at base village and limited connectivity during the trek.
What type of food will I get?
Local home cooked veg meal
Will I get water during the trek?
You won’t get water during the trek, you can refill your bottles at the base village.
What if I’m unable to complete the trek?
Our experienced trek leaders will make sure you complete the treks. Just in case you not able to, you can rest and then join the group while returning.
What if I have a medical emergency?
We will carry first aid kit with us. The trek leaders will be first aid certified. If the problem increases, with the help of local villagers we will quickly get you to closest medical attention possible.
What kind of clothing we need to wear?
We recommend you wear full sleeve t-shirt and full pants. Also carry a jacket/wind cheater for the cold
Do I need special shoes?
We recommend trekking shoes or good quality sports shoes
Cancellation charge of 15% would be deducted from the booking if cancelled 7 days before the event
No refund would be granted if cancelled within 7 days of the event