Grahan - A Spiritual Village in Parvati Valley
October 2 | 8PM - January 1 | 5AM
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Grahan is a Spiritual village in Parvati Valley. Not so popular among travellers visiting Kasol, but a great scenic hike of 10km starting from Kasol.
Situated at an altitude of around 7500 feet is home to no more than 300 villagers and about 30-40 houses. Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited in Grahan and travellers not adhering to it are either imposed a heavy fine or thrown out of the village. The only way to reach the village is by a small hike starting from Kasol and has no mobile network or ATM. You will find basic accommodation in Grahan village, either guest house or homestay run by the local community.
Day 0 : Drive from Delhi to Kasol
- Assemble at RK Ashram Metro Station / Majnu Ka Tila by 6:30 PM.
- We start our journey towards Kasol which is 513 km by 7 PM. We take our first stop at a restaurant near Murthal for Dinner and then continue our drive to Kasol in Himachal Pradesh.
Day 1 : Kasol and Around. Night stay at Kasol
- Reach Kasol in the morning by 10 AM. Relax a bit at the campsite. Later in the afternoon, we leave for local sightseeing around Kasol, Chalal.
- Kasol is a scenic place in Parvati Valley and has numerous hikes and cafes to explore. Return to the property by evening for dinner.
- Night stay at Kasol.
Day 2 : Kasol to Grahan Village
- After an overnight stay at the Hotel at Kasol, we start our trek to Grahan Village. The total distance of the trek is 8 km and the trail passes through dense forest with a scenic view of Grahan nala (a tributary of Parvati river) along the trail.
- The initial trail is through a path full of boulders and water streams. Mind your step while crossing the streams as stones remain slippery. After this stretch of about half km, you will reach the forest and from where the real trek starts. The whole trek is steep and uphill and it passes through dense forest. After an uphill walk of around 6 km, you will reach our base camp, which is a nice cafe to relax.
- One can have its first sight of snowcapped peaks from the cafe. Facilities of homestay is available at the cafe along with soothing bonfire.
- The village is pristine and remains covered with snow during winters. The village has many prestigious and overwhelming things to offer.
- After reaching there, Have dinner. Overnight stay in homestay.
Day 3 : Grahan Village to Kasol. Later depart for Delhi
- Wake up early and enjoy the sunrise. If time and weather allows, we hike up to some of the nearby waterfalls. After having breakfast, we will visit two prestigious temples, and explore their local culture and traditions. Later we start our downhill trek towards Kasol. It takes around 3-4 hours to reach Kasol. Our vehicle will pick you from Kasol and we will start our return journey to Delhi.
- Reach New Delhi next day early morning by 7 AM.
Transport Delhi to Kasol and return
1 Night Stay in camps at Kasol
1 Night stay in Homestay
6 Meals during Trek and stay ( 3 Breakfast + 1 Lunch + 2 Dinner)
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Any meals apart from mentioned
No cancellations will be taken over call or whatsapp msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
Free Cancellation upto 45 days before the departure date
44 Days to 30 days of Departure date. 10% of total Trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
29 Days to 20 Days of Departure date. 25% of the total trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
19 Days to 10 Days of Departure date. 50% of the total trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
10 Days to 6 Days of Departure date. 75% of the total trip cost will be charged as cancellation fee.
6 Days to Trip Departure date. 100% of the total trip cost will be charged as a cancellation fee.
No Show . No refund.
Incase of government orders, harsh weather conditions , protests , landslides or any other unforseen circumstances , we work out the best possible alternate plans or trips/treks. At times even even certain activities are cancelled , the organization provides the best alternate but no refunds are provided.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), JustWravel will issue a trek voucher for the full amount and if possible will provide an alternate trek. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next 365 days from the trek departure date.
If a trek or trip cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Will be beared by customer. Company will not be liable.
Cancellations policy will differ during the peak season and popular places.
Things To Pack
Extra set of clothes
At least 1 warm layer
Himachal Pradesh 175105GET DIRECTIONS