Gwalior Fort, Gwalior
Majestically perched on the top of a mountain, the royal fort of Gwalior gives an unobstructed view of the entire city. It is surrounded by fascinating temples, museums and other architectural buildings. Interestingly, a part of this fort has been converted into a prestigious private school that was established by Maharaja Madho Rao Scindia in 1897. As you visit this fort, turn back the pages of history to witness the many wars and other royal encounters.
Things to see
- 11 Jain Temples inside the fort dedicated to the Tirthankaras
- The Man Mandir Palace
- The Hathi Pol gate that leads to the Man Mandir Palace
- Karn Mahal and Vikram Mahal
- Chatri of Bhim Singh Rana
- The Gujari Mahal which is now a museum dedicated to Maharaj Man Singh Tomar's wife, Rani Mrignayani who was a Gujar princess.
How to get there?
- The closest airport is Rajmata Vijaya Raje Scindia Air Terminal, Gwalior
- The closest railway station is Gwalior NG
- The closest bus station is Gwalior Bus Stand
Gwalior Fort, Gwalior, Gwalior, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, 474008GET DIRECTIONS