Hampi – Hippie Island, Monuments, Lake, Camp & Hike meetup | Muddie Trails, Hyderabad
Have you been Hampi-fied at least once in your life?
It’s a different world altogether that takes you back in time, amazes you with its mystical ruins, and makes you wonder how magnificent this city would have been centuries ago!
While we marvel at the colored-retro setting of the Hampi, we are gonna stay very close to the river Tungabadra, camp in the tents, hike a couple of brown & beautiful boulder filled hillocks & enjoy beautiful views from the top.
Can we be satisfied without getting wet? Let’s take a soul-soothing dip in the pristine waters of Sanapur lake under hot Hampi weather!
What more? lazy lunch on the cozy beds of a cafe, lot of socializing, good food, music & bonfire…all of them to quench your thirst for an offbeat & laid back weekend..!!
The overcast skies because of monsoons hitting Hampi is an icing on the cake!
Let’s just #getmuddie in Hampi this weekend!
- Slots: 10 or more
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner included
- Stay: At our beautiful campsite on a shared basis
- Things to pack: Will be shared in a WhatsApp group for all registered travelers
- Travel: Tempo or Mini-Bus (NON AC)
- Starting time: Friday 9:30 PM
- Ending time: Monday 5:00 AM
- Pick-up/Drop spots: Gachibowli, Kondapur, Bangalore ORR exit
- Anegundi Fort
- Sanapur Lake
- Anjanadri Hill
- Vijaya Vittala Temple (Ruins)
- Virupaksha Temple
- Hippy style cafes
- Amazing sunsets
- Music & Dance
- Good food
Day 0 (Friday):
- Start from HYD, an overnight journey towards Hippy Island
Day 1 (Saturday):
- Reach Hampi campsite, freshen up & breakfast, hike up the magnificent Anegundi Fort & wonder at the amazing views from the top!
- Break for lunch in the middle
- Post lunch, enjoy the cool breeze of the pristine Sanapur Lake – take a dip if you wish to, go on a coracle ride on the lake (optional & self-sponsored), take lots of selfies, relax and rejuvenate.
- After a well-deserved dip, drive to the base of the Anjanadri hill & hike up the hill on the northern banks of Tungabhadra river, relax & enjoy the Monsoon setting over Hampi
- Get back to the campsite, freshen up & laze around,
- Dinner, bonfire & a social gathering through the night
Day 2 (Sunday):
- Start the day with a morning walk along the Tungabhadra river followed up by breakfast,
- Visit the most famous stone chariot – The Vijaya Vittala temple & take selfies with the historic & beautiful monument.
- Go to a famous cafe & have a relaxing lunch,
- Visit Virupaksha temple in the evening & head to the top of Hemakuta hillock, spend some time taking pictures
- Walk down to flea market and shop your bags full
- Finish dinner at a cafe and start back to Hyderabad
Day 3 (Monday):
- Reach back to HYD early in the morning
Note: When water levels of Sanapur Lake are high, we may not be allowed to swim or go on a coracle ride.
- Travel & tolls
- Stay at our riverside campsite on sharing basis
- 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch (veg), 1 dinner (Veg & non-veg) included
- Campfire with music & group activities
- All entry fees for historical places & monuments
- Experience all places mentioned in the schedule above
- Organizer(s) from Muddie Trails
- Lunch, Dinner on Sunday
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the itinerary
What’s next after booking tickets:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a night before the event
- Information like exact pickup locations, things to pack, Organizer details, etc will be shared in the group
- Our facilities are basic without any luxury.
- Do not forget to read our “Terms & Conditions” before registering!
Get Muddie in Travel..