Hampta Pass Trek
Multiple Batches | 8AM
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Check out a trek where you can do it all - traverse through a forest, cross through a stream, walk by a waterfall - and that's just the beginning. On the Hampta Pass Trek organised by Kailash Rath, you'll get to hike on trails passing through a number of different breathtaking landscapes.
Register, freshen up and chow down on breakfast! There's an acclimatization walk to help you get prepared for the conditions you will experience later on, as well an orientation after lunch. Get to know your travel partners in an ice-breaking session after snacks!
Day 2: Chikka to Balu Ka Gera
Drive to Hampta dam from Rumsu at 8 am after breakfast. The trek to Chikka starts from Hampta Dam and is easy, taking around 2-3 hours to complete. Sights to look forward to - a small forest patch and two cute wooden bridges, big rock boulders and a waterfall. Stay overnight in tents in Chikka.
Day 3: Balu ka Ghera to Hamta Pass
Trek to Balu Ka Ghera after breakfast. Balu ka Ghera is a large plain ground on the bank of the river and camping at this spot is a dream! You can spot Indrasan, the highest peak of Manali valley from here. The trek duration is around 4 to 5 hours from Chikka to Balu ka Ghera. You'll have to cross through a water stream as well.
Snacks would be served in the evening followed by dinner. Overnight camping at Balu Ka Ghera.
Day 4: Balu ka Ghera to Hampta Pass
You're in for an early trek starting at 6 in the morning - have to make the most of the day for scaling the top of Hampta Pass! The trek route from Balu Gehra towards Hampta Pass is a moderate climb, scaling 4,200 meters, and takes about 4-5 hours.
After having experienced the awe-striking pass, descend back to Balu Ka Ghera camp site for overnight stay.
Day 5 Descend to Hampta Dam
After breakfast, descend to Hampta Dam via the same route.The descent is takes around 5 hours, and will be followed by a jeep Ride to Manali. Departure from Manali will be around 5 PM.
2. Three layers of warm clothes: Carry two or three-layer jackets, fleece jackets and a padded jacket.
3. Two/Three trek pants: Carry light cotton trek pants. Denim/jeans and shorts are not suitable for trekking.
4. Three t-shirts (collared/dri-fit): Carry full sleeved t-shirts to prevent sun burns on your neck and arms, with one or two dri-fit t-shirts.
5. Thermals: Carry thermals (top and bottom).
6. Sunglasses: Sunglasses are mandatory. There will be a lot of snow on the trek which can cause snow blindness.
7. Cap: At high altitudes, the sun is extra harsh so carry a cap to protect yourself.
8. Waterproof hand gloves: Carry waterproof gloves - avoid woolen gloves that'll end up getting wet when you touch snow.
9. Socks (3-4 pairs) and a pair of woolen socks: Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woolen socks for the night.
10. Headlamp/LED torch: A must-have for navigating your way through darkness. Headlamps are easier to trek with in particular.
11. Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common. It’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that you don’t get wet. The trek will continue as planned even during rainfall. Your poncho should protect you from rain. Carry a backpack cover for extra protection from rain for your belongings.
12. Daypack (20 litres): You will need this to carry water bottles, lunch box and personal medical kit in case you decide to offload your backpack.
13. Lunch box and water bottle: Every participant should have their personal lunch box and good water bottle.
14. Also make sure you carry a medical fitness certificate signed by a registered MBBS doctor, an NOC form from your side, and an original as well as photocopy of a government-issued photo ID.
Expert trek leaders
Expert trek support team
Backpack offloading charges
Costs in the event of an emergency
Himachal Pradesh 175130GET DIRECTIONS
- Unsure if you would be able to go?
Worried your boss may cancel your holiday or your professor may put up weekend lectures? Dont worry, you can easily transfer your ticket to your friend later!
- Going out with friends?
Unlock rewards or cashbacks the next time you are going to an event with your friends. Just use the ‘Buy Together’ option for an event if you see one on its page.
Paytm Insider is a platform that helps you discover and buy the best in events, travel and food in your city. We strive to curate experiences that are worth your time and money, possibly something you have never tried before.
For event organizers
Paytm Insider is built by the same team that created Bacardi NH7 Weekender (us) and we sure know what goes into putting together a great experience. Our technology, marketing and customer support can help you build a community of not just ticket buyers, but also fans.