Harishchandragad Trek & Konkankada Camping
January 16 | 6AM - January 31 | 6PM
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Winter Special Trekking and Camping to Harishchandragad
Why Harishchandragad should be your next trekking destination this winter?
Harishchandragad is one of the best high forts near Mumbai, Maharashtra. Strong fortifications of this fort have multiple entry routes such as the Junnar gate route, Sadhale ghat, Nalichi wat, and Indore Waat.
The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747. Main attractions on Fort: Sapta Tirta Pushkarini, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff), Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar.
Basic Details :
Difficulty Level: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Height of fort: 4650 ft. approx
Region: Ahmednagar district
Total time required for climbing: 2-2.5 hours uphill climb one way
- Scenic View of Sunset-Sunrise from Kokankada & Taramati is absolute divine
- Well built lake ‘Saptatirtha’ and Harishchandreshwar Temple
- Medieval era Kedareshwar Cave and interesting predictions of Local Legends!
- Whole plethora of Peaks :Taramati,Ajoba Fort, Kulang and many more..
- Night camping and bonfire
Day 1st - Saturday
Well, be boarding the Bus from the nearest local Pick up points. Bus timings are shared below for convenience:
05:30 am: Pick up at WEH metro station bus stop, Andheri.
05:45 am: Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on highway), Bandra.
06:00 am: Pick up at Sion station circle.
06:15 am: pick up at Amar Mahal Flyover Chembur.
06:25 am: pick up at JVLR Signal EEH.
06:45 am: pick up at teen haath naka Thane.
Meeting Point: at WEH metro station bus stop, Andheri 05:30 am
12:00 pm: We reach Base Village, from where you can get a glimpse of Harishchandrgad.
12:30 pm: Get refresh yourself & grab a quick lunch.
02:00 pm: Gear up, pack your bags and It's gonna be a long and Adventure climb to the thrilling top. We will make a few halts on the way where you can take out your snack or an energy drink.
05:00 pm: We reach Top & You will get a beautiful view of Konkankada Explore it, & Enjoy the view of Sunset from the summit.
08:00 pm: Prepare for a night under the sky, let the Arijit Singh in you come out, play a few games, share stories (especially ghost stories), make new friends and enjoy the campfire.
10:00 pm: have delicious local cuisine for dinner & enjoy the bonfire.
11:30 Pm: Off to the tents for sound sleep (For those who are very sleepy day ends
Day 2nd - Sunday
05:00 am: Wake up call, get refreshed Yourself.
05:10 am: Move towards Taramati point, for those who would like to see the sunrise, rest can sleep in tent.
06:30 am: Reach Taramati point enjoy the sunrise & click picture with the beautiful view.
08:30 am: Reach back Konkankada & have hot cup of tea and breakfast.
09:00 am: We start our descent. Finally, you get a view of the surroundings you see from the Harishchandrgad & Konkankada while descending will visit ganesh caves, temple & Shivling.
12:30 pm: We Reach down base village get refresh yourself.
01:00 pm: Time to head back to Mumbai
07:00 pm: Adios! Back to the mundane city life. Until next time, Bhatakna!
- 1 Veg-Nonveg Lunch (Day 01)
- 1 Veg Evening Snacks (Day 01)
- 1 Veg-Nonveg Dinner (Day 01)
- 1 Veg Breakfast (Day 02).
- Travelling from Mumbai to Mumbai (only if you book with Transportation ticket).
- Safety & first aid.
- Washroom & Changing Facilities at down
- Bhatakna expertise charges.
- Extra meals cold drinks.
- Water bottles
- Anything not mentioned above inclusions.
Things to Carry
• Identity Proof (Must)
• Mask & Sanitizer is Compulsory.
• A bottle of water (2 Liters)
• Extra pair of clothes
• Some ready to eat food - Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
• ORS, Glucose, Electrol, Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
• A good Trekking Shoes, Extra pair of Socks.
• Rain cheater.
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones
hands-free while trekking.
• Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
• Please avoid wearing Gold and other Ornaments.
• Sun Cap, Sunscreen and Camera (optional)
• carry blanket or bedsheet
COVID Safety Guidelines
•Each member of the group (participants/trek leads) will need to wear protective masks while interacting with others.
•It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities.It reduces exposure of your body parts to Covid virus.
•It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not travelled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested Covid positive in last 14 days.
•Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority
•Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala or sniffing tapkir which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
Follow safe health practices in case you want to cough, sneeze in public space or during activity.
Trek Lead would be carrying sanitizer, spare masks, few pairs of disposable gloves (in sufficient quantity) as a Covid Protection Kit.
•Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
•If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
•It is mandatory that a participant informs the organisers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organisers to inform and alert all other persons in the group and concerned health authorities of Government, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes transparency and informs the organisers/group leaders about his Covid test results. Organisers should actively pursue this matter with participants as this is a mutual responsibility.
• There is no freshen up / washroom facility at the top. There is the only a
toilet at the base village.
• Tent sharing will be base on group size
• Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
• Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear proper trekking
shoes. (Shoes with poor condition will not be allowed).
• Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and
accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care.
• The "Bhatakna" will not be responsible for injury/accident/death to
• Participants with any medical issues /history are not allowed to opt for
this event. If he/she does so that it is done at the participant's risk. The management won't be responsible for any incident.
Rules and regulations:
Smoking, Alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics and any kind of intoxication, firearms, and gambling strictly prohibited.
The leader's decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The Bhatakna Tours will not be responsible for injury/accident/death to the participant while on trek Any damage caused to the
No Refund Once registered.
• 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
• If the booking is cancelled 3 days or before the event date then No Refund will be given.
• No show = No refund
Harishchandragad Trek Ahmednagar, Maharashtra 414001GET DIRECTIONS