Hoshang Shah’s Tomb, Mandav
Popularly known as the oldest marble mausoleum in India, Hoshang Shah’s Tomb is nothing less than an architectural marvel. According to folklore, Shah Jahan had sent his troupe of architects to pay respect to the design of this site before they started work on the Taj Mahal. This is depicted in an inscription which was found here. When you visit this beauty, notice the Persian elements that inspired the detailing of the marble!
Things to see
- Dome in the interior that is made out of Persian marble
- Ornamental tiles that are lined up along the walls of the tomb
- Imposing arches that belong to the 6th century era
How to get there?
- The closest airport is Devi Ahilyabai Holkar National Airport
- The closest railway station is Indore Railway Station
- The closest bus station is Gangwal ISBT Indore, Sarwate ISBT Indore, Navlakha ISBT Indore
Hoshang Shah’s Tomb
Hoshang Shah’s Tomb, Mandav, Jahaj Mahal Internal Rd, Mandu, Mandav, Dhar, Madhya Pradesh, 454010