I'll Meet You Under the Tree of Life
Health and Fitness
August 1 - 15 | 8AM Onwards
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Slip away for a session Under the Tree of Life.
You will find answers in the stillness there, and we can help you make meaning of what's happening.
Who We Are
Shamah | शम:, which means the quiet space in Sanskrit, is an integrative mind+body+spirit counselling practice. We use principles of meditation (Vipassana, Zen) alongside humanistic counselling skills and basic body grounding techniques (Yoga, Qi gong, Mindfulness) to help you cope with the stressors you may be facing. We are LGBTQIA+ affirmative.
Get Help While in Lockdown
You could be stuck with people you're not comfortable with, or you love them to bits but they still get on your nerves. You could be in an abusive situation that is harmful to you physically, or to your emotional health. Your anxieties may be hitting the roof right now. Your future plans may be upturned. You may be worried about your finances. You may find life and the world meaningless, the future bleak and the state of the world uncertain and chaotic.
First, breathe deeply. Second, know you are not alone. Third, reach out for help.
- A meditative session. A guided meditation that derives from principles of Zen, Vipassana, Taoism and Yoga. It will help centre and calm you, allow you to cope with anxieties, feel refreshed and focussed. It is a time of self reflection that allows your deepest thoughts and feelings to arise.
- A personal therapy session. Sometimes you want to storm, you want someone to talk to, to hear you, to vent to, and to help you reach a goal, sort through the confusion, find a path out. It is a time for dialogue, clarification and confrontation.
How to Have a Telehealth Session
- Choose either a meditative session or a therapy session depending on your requirement.
- Pick a date and a start time when you buy your ticket
- We will send you a Zoom link once you confirm your booking. Please check your email for this link and do a mic and video test on downloading and setting up the app.
- If you are unable to access Zoom, send us an email at email@example.com to request an alternative arrangement. We also do Whassap video, Botim, Google Duo and worst case, a simple telephone call session.
- Find a quiet space. It can be a bathroom, a balcony, a parking lot, a corridor, if that's all you have access to at this time that's fine. If kids are bothering you, pets slobbering over you or spouses interrupting, that's fine too. A good idea for privacy is to use a stairwell where you get a signal or to sit in your car if you are able to. If you can't, don't worry about it. We'll deal with whatever comes.
- No shows will not be compensated.
What Rules Apply
- All sessions are for 45 minutes each.
- All the rules and ethics of a regular counselling session apply.
- Your identity, and everything you say is confidential.
- The session will not be recorded.
- You are not obliged to tell anyone you're attending a counselling session.
- Your telehealth session is a safe space.
- You will be required to fill out our client intake form that will have some personal details - these will only be accessed in an emergency and you will be asked for your informed consent before they are.
Session Led By Gayatri Jayaraman
Gayatri Jayaraman has been a senior journalist in the Indian media for over 20 years. She is the author of Who Me, Poor? (Bloomsbury India, 2017), the forthcoming Sit Your Self Down (Hachette India, August 2020), and Who Me, Feminist? (Bloomsbury, 2021). She holds a previous Masters in English Literature, a PG Diploma in Journalism and Media, a PG Diploma in Counselling Psychology from St Xavier's Institute of Counselling Psychology (2020, due to be awarded) and is an accepted student to NYU Steinhardt's Masters in Counselling & Wellness for Mental Health programme with a dual certification in LGBTQ counselling though she has deferred admission to 2021 due to the pandemic. She is a regular Vipassana meditator. She also conducts Walk of the 5 Senses, walking meditations for women, and The Monk Huddle, a support group for urban loners, offline.
- Unsure if you would be able to go?
Worried your boss may cancel your holiday or your professor may put up weekend lectures? Dont worry, you can easily transfer your ticket to your friend later!
- Going out with friends?
Unlock rewards or cashbacks the next time you are going to an event with your friends. Just use the ‘Buy Together’ option for an event if you see one on its page.
Paytm Insider is a platform that helps you discover and buy the best in events, travel and food in your city. We strive to curate experiences that are worth your time and money, possibly something you have never tried before.
For event organizers
Paytm Insider is built by the same team that created Bacardi NH7 Weekender (us) and we sure know what goes into putting together a great experience. Our technology, marketing and customer support can help you build a community of not just ticket buyers, but also fans.