India Craft Week, 2019
The Crafts of India are a mirror of the cultural identity of the ethnic people who make it. They carry the magnetic appeal of the Indian culture that promises exclusivity, beauty, dignity and style. Craft Village brings you the second chapter of GMR India Craft Week — a five-day long celebration of finest craftsmanship that binds art, design and culture. It brings together craftsmen, designers, craftpreneurs, institutions, brands and organizations through workshops, live demonstrations, installations, folk performances and cross-talks.
India Craft Week (ICW) showcases authentic and contemporary craft forms by master craftsmen and luxury brands under five unique segments – Craft Workshops, Craft Rare, Craft Panorama, Craft Luxe and Craft Installations.
ICW brings you 20 rare and exclusive Craft Workshops by Padma Shri and National Award Winners in the fields of Textiles, Ceramics, Paintings, Stone Carving, Metalwork and many more.
- Miniature Painting by Padma Shri Shakir Ali
- Gond Painting by Padma Shri Bhajju Shyam
- Rogan Art by Padma Shri Abdul Gafur Khatri
- Chamba Rumaal Embroidery by Shilp Guru Lalita Vakil
- Black Stone Pottery by Shilp Guru Machihan Sasa
- Ply-Split Braiding by Master Erroll Pires Nelson
- Phulkari by Master Simran Harika
- Madhubani Painting by National Awardee Manisha Jha
- Kantha Embroidery by National Awardee Mahamaya Sikdar
- Bidri Metalwork by National Awardee Rasheed Quadri
- Phad Painting by National Awardee Kalyan Joshi
- Kalamkari Painting by Nantong International Awardee J. Niranjan
- Sanjhi Paper Cutting by National Awardee Ram Soni
- Leather Puppet by National Awardee Dalavai Kullayappa
- Kalighat Patua Painting by National Awardee Anwar Chitrakar
- Mata Ni Pachedi Painting by National Awardee Sanjay Chitara
- Shadow Puppetry by Manish Halder
- Pichhwai Painting by State Awardee Mahesh Vishnoi
- Mysore Painting by State Awardee Sridhar Rao
- Bagru Printing by Laxmi Lal Chhipa
Craft Rare is a motive to educate and preserve the rare forms of crafts that sit on the verge of extinction. A select group of handpicked artisans and craftsmen representing the endangered craft forms are brought forth to showcase and spread awareness about the precious and exclusive works that they possess. Our visitors can avail this opportunity to own pieces of rich history and heritage.
- Ikat by Padma Shri Gajam Govardhana from Sri Kalahasti, Andhra Pradesh
- Rogan by Padma Shri Abdul Gafur Khatri from Kutch, Gujarat
- Chamba Rumaal by Shilp Guru Lalita Vakil from Chamba, Himachal Pradesh
- Black Stone Pottery by Shilp Guru Machihan Sasa from Manipur
- Wood Inlay by Shilp Guru Rupan Matharu from Hoshiarpur, Punjab
- Blue Pottery by Shilp Guru Gopal Saini from Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Pashmina by National Awardee Majid Mir from Srinagar, Kashmir
- Bidri by National Awardee Rasheed Quadri from Bidar Karnataka
- Kantha by National Awardee Mahamaya Sikdar from Kolkata, West Bengal
- Leather Puppet by National Awardee Dalavai Kullayappa from Andhra Pradesh
- Warli by National Awardee Dilip Rama Bahotha from Palghar, Maharashtra
- Dhokra by National Awardee Rajendra Baghel from Bastar, Chhatisgarh
- Miniature Pottery by National Awardee Om Prakash Galav
- Bagru Printing by Laxmi Lal Chhipa from Bagru, Rajasthan
Craft may have originated at different places, times and by different kingdoms but yet seems like it’s originated from a united culture, tradition and world. The only eligibility to craft is the spirit of the people, their tradition, culture and boundless passion of craftsmen and artisans. Craft panorama is a gallery to glorify and acknowledge the ingenious masters of folk and tribal crafts by representing their captivating works for the world to see.
- Miniature Paintings by Padma Shri Shakir Ali
- Gond Paintings by Padma Shri Bhajju Shyam
- Madhubani Paintings by National Awardee Manisha Jha
- Phad Paintings by National Awardee Kalyan Joshi
- Kalamkari Paintings by Nantong International Awardee J. Niranjan
- Sanjhi Paper Cutting by National Awardee Ram Soni
- Kalighat Patua Paintings by National Awardee Anwar Chitrakar
- Mata Ni Pachedi Paintings by National Awardee Sanjay Chitara
- Pichhwai Paintings by State Awardee Mahesh Vishnoi
- Mysore Paintings by State Awardee Sridhar Rao
Craft Luxe & Installations
With Craft Luxe and Craft Installations, witness the aesthetic work by some of the finest designers, craftpreneurs, brands, organizations and individuals in the craft industry, who’re on a personal duty to create and showcase the elaborate work latched inside their artistic mind and soul. Craft Luxe is a stage for the people having a great zeal of craft in them to exhibit the significant work in the craft sector.
ICW is a platform where the rural and urban India blend seamlessly; in an attempt to revive and preserve the perishing craft & folk tradition; to build a new image of craft as moral, sustainable and slow. ICW is a fusion of tradition and modernity through the best medium there is - art and craft. Come and experience the exceptional craftsmanship like never seen before.
India Craft Week 2018 - Rewind
GMR Sqaure, Aerocity, Delhi
GMR Square, Gate No. 1, next to JW Marriott, GMR Aerocity, Near Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi, Delhi 110037, India