INDIAN AEROPRESS CHAMPIONSHIP 2019 : Mysuru Round
The World AeroPress Championship is a global coffee-making competition, designed to find the world's best cup of AeroPress coffee.
Each season is comprised of a series regional and national competitions, run by independent hosts across 60 countries, which culminates with the World AeroPress Championship final.
The competition itself is a multi-round elimination tournament.
In each round, three competitors will face off against each other, simultaneously brewing a single cup of coffee using the AeroPress brewer.
Competitors have 8 minutes in which to prepare, brew, and present their coffee to a panel of three judges. Drinks are presented in identical vessels, so judges can't know who brewed which cup.
The judges evaluate each coffee and make their own assessment as to which is the best. No scoresheets or discussion, it's 100% personal preference.
On the count of three, the judges simultaneously point to their favourite coffee, moving the winner on to the next round while eliminating the losers.
At it's heart, the World AeroPress Championship exists to bring coffee-loving people together in an open, inclusive, and fun environment.
Surrounding the competition itself you can expect music, and good times. Yes, it's serious... It's just not that serious.
The winner of this year's INDIAN AEROPRESS CHAMPIONSHIP will be representing India in LONDON at the WORLD AEROPRESS CHAMPIONSHIP 2019
- The competition is a multi-round, elimination tournament.
- In each round, three competitors brew coffee simultaneously.
- Competitors have 8 minutes in which to prepare, brew, and present their coffee.
- When the time is up, the coffees are presented in identical vessels to a panel of three judges.
- The judges blindly evaluate each coffee and make their own private assessment as to which is the best.
- On the count of three, all judges simultaneously point to their preferred coffee.
- The winner progresses to the next round. The losers are eliminated.
- The brewer used must be a genuine AeroPress. No other brewer may be used in the drink preparation.
- COMPETITION COFFEE (250 gm) FOR THE PARTICIPANTS TO PRACTICE CAN BE COLLECTED FROM THE VENUE SEVEN DAYS PRIOR TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP DAY.
- All three parts of a genuine AeroPress brewer must be used; the chamber, the plunger, and the filter cap. Aftermarket or non-genuine parts are not allowed.
- Ground coffee and water are the only ingredients allowed.
- Any type of filter is allowed, so long as it does not replace the filter cap itself (see rule #2). The filter can be made out of paper, metal, cloth, or any other material.
- Competitors are welcome to bring their own grinder, kettle, scales, water, or other equipment.
- If the Hosts have specified a competition coffee, this is the only coffee that may be used.
- Competitors must present a minimum of 150ml of brewed coffee, in the vessel provided.
- Coffees not presented within the time limit of 8 minutes will not be evaluated.
- Failure to comply with any of the above will result in disqualification.
- Each round is judged blind using the cupping technique of spoon, slurp, and spit.
- Competitor’s names will be marked on the underside of the cups where they are completely hidden.
- There is no scoresheet or formal judging criteria. Judges are simply answering: “Which cup would I prefer to drink all of?"
- Each judge will arrive at their own conclusion, without discussing the samples with their fellow judges.
- On the count of three, all judges will point simultaneously, confidently, and definitively at the cup of their choosing.
- After judging, the MC will lift the winning cup, revealing the name of the glorious round winner, while simultaneously shaming the losers.
- In the event of all three judges pointing at different cups, the MC or a pre-determined Head Judge will taste the coffees, and decide the round. This decision is final.
For any queries or concerns please contact Sohinee: +919663270520 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Green Hotel, Mysuru
2270, Vinoba Road, Jayalakshmipuram, Jayalakshmipuram, Mysuru, Karnataka 570012