Juhu On That Beat | Punjabi Folk Choreography
For Beginners, 12 yrs & above
With Tricha Kumar
Juhu is going back on that beat! Bringing you the 5th edition of Juhu On That Beat with one of the world’s most renowned, respected and fun dance forms - our very own Bhangra!
Traditional Bhangra is one of our country’s most beloved and fun dance forms notably enjoyed at every wedding, festival or procession! This workshop will cover a fun, beginners choreography and the basics of this folk dance on traditional dhol and drums music that you can show off at your next party!
This class is open to everyone above 12 years of age. You do not need prior dance experience to participate.
- choreographer and producer from the United States.
- trained extensively in a variety of dance forms, including Bharatanatyam, folk, and Latin styles.
- choreographed, directed, and judged performances across the USA
- has been in Bombay for two years, and is Bombay’s first traditional Bhangra dance teacher.
- credits include BhangraFunk, Miss India-DC, IIFA, and the Association of National Olympic Committees.
- Bhangra credits include: Akasa Singh, Diljit Dosanjh, Jonita Gandhi, Aparshakti Khurana, St. Xavier’s Contingent, Dance with Madhuri, and Nritya Shakti.
- Wear clothing that allows movement
- Do not wear shoes/socks. We will dance bare feet
- Please reach 10 minutes before class to change
- We do not permit single use plastics at The Space. Please don't carry such items with you. Water is available for all at The Space.
- This ticket cannot be cancelled and is non refundable, (but can be transferred to another person for the same session itself)
- This booking is subject to studio rules & policies.
For further questions on this session, contact The Space at +91 9892035182
The Space, Mumbai
The Space, A.B. Nair Rd., Juhu, Mumbai, India 400049 (Adjacent to Harry’s – Juhu)