Kalsubai Night Trek | Wandering Souls
January 25 | 8:30PM - January 26 | 9:00PM
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Night trek to the highest peak in Maharashtra
Towering at height of 5400ft., Kalsubai is recognized as the highest peak of Maharashtra. The ascend to the peak is a relatively easy 3 hour journey which is a test stamina and not mountaineering skills. The top gives you an absoutely stunning and uninterrupted view of the surrounding with excellent views of all the surrounding forts. The peak has a temple at the top and many people trek to visit this temple.
So are you ready to climb the Everest of Maharashtra??
Difficulty – Moderate
Height – 5400 ft.
Base Village – Bari
- 20:30 hrs – Pick Up metro station bus stop, Andheri.
- 21:15 hrs – Pick up at Dadar Pritam Hotel
- 21:30 hrs – Pick up at Amar Mahal Jn, Chembur
- 22:15 hrs – Pick up at Teen Hath Naka, Thane.
- 02:00 hrs – Reach Bari, freshen up and start preparing for the trek ahead
- 02:30 hrs – Start the trek through the darkness for the Kalsubai peak, it will be a long journey and we will take a few halts enroute the peak
- 06:00 hrs – We reach the the temple in the time for the sunrise from the highest point in Maharashtra, it is truly a moment to remember
- 08:00 hrs – Have Breakfast & start the return journey to the base village, Bari
- 11:00 hrs – Reach Bari freshen up & Have Lunch.
- 13:00 hrs – Start our journey towards Mumbai. This brings us to the end of our trip or rather beginning of your adventures with Wandering Souls
- A/C Transport to and from Mumbai
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Entry Fees
- Wash Rooms & Changing rooms facilities
- Expertise and Guide charges
- First Aid Certified Trek Leads
- Anything other than the above-mentioned things
- Any Personal Expenses
Things to Carry
- Identity Proof (Mandatory)
- Bottle of Water (at least 2 litres)
- Torch with extra batteries
- Face Mask & Sanitizer
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits etc.
- Cap, Camera
- Good Trekking shoes
- Jacket / Wind cheater as it would be cold
- Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
- Haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry sling bags or jholas
- Cancellation charge of 15% would be deducted from the booking if cancelled 7 days before the event
- No refund would be granted if cancelled within 7 days of the event
What are the pickup locations?
20:30 hrs – Pick Up metro station bus stop, Andheri.
21:15 hrs – Pick up at Dadar Pritam Hotel
21:30 hrs – Pick up at Amar Mahal Jn, Chembur
22:15 hrs – Pick up at Teen Hath Naka, Thane.
How will you contact me once I register?
We will be mailing you the details about the trek a day or two before the trek. We will also create a WhatsApp group on the day of the trek.
What is the difficulty level of this trek?
This trek is of medium difficulty with around 3-4 hours of hiking one side. It does not have any technically patches.
Will I be able to do this trek? I have not trekked before.
We encourage you to come and experience the trek with us. Trekking is not about speed and our representatives will be there to encourage you to complete the trek
What is the age limit for this trek?
The age limit for the trek is 18 years with no upper limit. Participants below the age of 18yrs need to be accompanied by a guardian
Can I come alone?
Yes, many of our participants are solo travellers.
Is it safe for a female solo traveller?
It is completely safe for a female solo traveller as our representatives will be there with you all the time. Moreover, most of our event have 60% female participation.
Can I Bring my Car?
Yes you can bring your car, there is parking facility available at the base village.
Are washrooms available during the trek?
You will not get washrooms during the trek.
Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
Smoking or drinking alcohol is prohibited.
Would I get cellular connectivity?
You will get limited connectivity during the trek.
What type of food will I get?
Local home cooked meal for breakfast & Lunch
Will I get water during the trek?
You won’t get water during the trek; you need to carry at least 2 litres of water with you
What if I have a medical emergency?
We will carry first aid kit with us. The trek leaders will be first aid certified. If the problem increases, with the help of local villagers we will quickly get you to closest medical attention possible.
What kind of clothing we need to wear?
We recommend you wear full sleeve t-shirt and full pants. Also carry a jacket/wind cheater for the cold
Do I need special shoes?
We recommend trekking shoes or good quality sports shoes.
COVID Safety Guidelines
- Each member of the group (participants/trek leads) will need to wear protective masks while interacting with others.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts to Covid virus.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not travelled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested Covid positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala or sniffing tapkir which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Follow safe health practices in case you want to cough, sneeze in public space or during activity.
- Trek Lead would be carrying sanitizer, spare masks, few pairs of disposable gloves (in sufficient quantity) as a Covid Protection Kit.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organisers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organisers to inform and alert all other persons in the group and concerned health authorities of Government, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes transparency and informs the organisers/group leaders about his Covid test results. Organisers should actively pursue this matter with participants as this is a mutual responsibility.
Kalsubai Bari Village, 422403 Igatpuri, IndiaGET DIRECTIONS