Kanatal is the kind of place that you visit to get away from all the worldly distractions and relax in the lap of nature. Kanatal is a small village in Uttrakhand surrounded by mountains all over and Kanatal elevation is 2590 m or 8500 ft.
Camping in Kanatal is quite famous and it is the second-best camping destination in the country after Rishikesh. But Unlike Rishikesh, it does not feature an array of adventure sports and is more of a destination for cooling off rather than jumping from mountains and rafting through waves.
The Kanatal village is well connected with neighboring tourist places such as Rishikesh, Mussoorie, Haridwar and it is not that far from the capital region, Delhi. Kanatal from Haridwar is 97 km, Kanatal from Rishikesh is 78 km, Kanatal from Mussories is 47 km and Kanatal from Delhi is 315 km.
The best time to visit Kanatal is from is during the months of summer in the months of April-June but to make the trip a bit more sightseeing worthy, one can try visiting in the winters too.
The reasons you need to go on the Kanatal Camping in 2019 are far more than many but if you still got doubts then let us clear them up while you are on a trip to Kanatal with Justwravel.
Day 0 : Meetup and Leave for Kanatal
- Meetup and Leave for Kanatal
- Assemble at Akshardham metro station by 8:30 PM . After introduction of the group members, we start our journey for Kanatal.
Day 1 : Kanatal Camp Stay and Activities
- Kanatal is 320 kms from New Delhi and takes 10 to 11 hours of travel time to reach. We have our breakfast amidst the way and then proceed towards our destination. We reach Kanatal by 9 AM in the morning.
- Welcome, drink on arrival at the camp and general briefing. Check-in in the camps and enjoy the views from the campsite. After having lunch at the campsite, we leave for Surkanda Devi temple hike. The hike is of around 4 km and takes 3-4 hours to complete it. The temple is the highest point in that region and offers amazing panoramic views of valleys and mountains.
- We come back to our campsite and have bonfire in the evening with tea and snacks, followed by dinner.
Day 2 : Check Out and Drive to New Delhi
- Wake up to a refreshed morning in the mountains of Garhwal. Stroll around at the campsite, having tea and cookies.
- After breakfast, we check out of the camp. We will do adventure activities such as Skybridge, Zipline, etc. Then we retrace the same route via Rishikesh to New Delhi. Reach Delhi by 8 in the evening.
Camp Stay on Quad / Triple Sharing
Transport Delhi to Delhi
Bonfire (Subject to weather conditions)
Adventure Activities (Subject to weather conditions)
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Booking amount is non-refundable.
No refund of total trip amount will be provided on cancellation, 10 days prior to departure date.
50% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 11-20 days prior to scheduled departure date.
90% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 21-90 days prior to scheduled departure date.
100% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation, 90+ days prior to scheduled departure date.
If due to any unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control. Act of God, we won't be able to refund the complete amount.
For Cancellations/ Refund Request , kindly reply to the confirmation mail and get in touch with the Team. All cancellations will be considered only after the mail has been received.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket (Main jacket)
Tshirt or Fleece
Extra pair of Socks
Rucksack (At least 40L)
Mufflers/ Neck Warmer
Extra pair of Clothes
First Aid Kit
*Add extra thermal layers and sweater during the winter season
Kaudia Range, Uttarakhand 249130