Karnala Fort Trek | Wandering Souls
Karnala fort is a hill fort in Raigad District about 10 km from Panvel city. Currently it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. It offers a great opportunity to enjoy a refreshing, easy trek. Karnala fort consists of two forts out of which one is at a higher level and other is at a lower level.
Difficulty: Low || Endurance: Medium || Type: One day Trek
Height: 2625 ft
- Trek through the Karnala Bird Sanctuary and amidst lush greenery
- Explore a hill fort
- An awe inspiring view from the top
- 07:10 hrs – Meet at Panvel Station
- 07:30 hrs – Move towards Base in our transfer vehicle, have breakfast enroute
- 08:30 hrs – Start trek towards the peak after a brief introduction session
- 11:30 hrs – Reach the Karnala Fort, bask in the majestic view from the top, take selfies with an amazing background
- 12:30 hrs – Start the descend towards the base
- 14:00 hrs – Reach Karnala Base and have Lunch
- 15:00 hrs – Say your goodbyes with a promise to meet again, leave for Panvel in our transfer vehicle. This brings us to the end of our trip, Or rather just the beginning.
- 05:47 hrs – CST
- 06:05 hrs– Wadala
- 06:16 hrs– Kurla
- 06:35 hrs– Vashi
- 06:44 hrs– Nerul
- 07:05 hrs – Panvel
You can catch the train from your respective stations.
- Panvel to Neral Transport
- Breakfast, Tea
- Expertise and Guide charges
- First Aid Certified Co-ordinators
- Karnala Entry Fees
- Train Tickets
- Anything other than the above-mentioned things
Things to carry:
- Identity Proof
- Bottle of Water (at least 2 litres)
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits etc.
- Cap, Camera
- Lunch for the Day
- Good Trekking shoes
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater please avoid umbrellas
- Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
- Put essentials like money, spare clothes in a polythene bag inside the bag
- Haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry sling bags or jholas
- Personal care stuff, medicines which you require usually
Pick Up & Drop Off Points
Panvel Railway Station
How will you contact me once I register?
We will be mailing you the details about the trek a day or two before the trek. We will also create a WhatsApp group a day before the trek.
What is the difficulty level of this trek?
This trek is of low-medium difficulty with around 2-3 hours of hike each side. It does not have any technical patches.
Will I be able to do this trek? I have not trekked before.
We encourage you to come and experience the trek with us. Trekking is not about speed and our representatives will be there to encourage you to complete the trek
What is the age limit for this trek?
The age limit for the trek is 18 years with no upper limit. Participants below the age of 18yrs need to be accompanied by a guardian
Can I come alone?
Yes, many of our participants are solo travellers.
Is it safe for a female solo traveller?
It is completely safe for a female solo traveller as our representatives will be there with you all the time. Moreover, most of our event have 60% female participation.
Can I Bring my Car?
Yes, you can bring your car
Are washrooms available during the trek?
You will not get washrooms during the trek.
Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
Smoking or drinking alcohol is prohibited.
Would I get cellular connectivity?
You will get limited connectivity during the trek.
What type of food will I get?
We will be having breakfast at a local restaurant
Will I get water during the trek?
You won’t get water during the trek, you need to carry at least 2 litres of water with you
What if I have a medical emergency?
We will carry first aid kit with us. The trek leaders will be first aid certified. If the problem increases, with the help of local villagers we will quickly get you to closest medical attention possible.
What kind of clothing we need to wear?
We recommend you wear full sleeve t-shirt and full pants. Also carry a Raincoat/ wind cheater for the rains. Umbrellas are a strict NO.
Do I need special shoes?
We recommend trekking shoes or good quality sports shoes with firm sole
Cancellation charge of 15% would be deducted from the booking if cancelled 7 days before the event
No refund would be granted if cancelled within 7 days of the event
Karnala Foot Path, 410207