October 24 | 7:05AM - January 4 | 2:36AM
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Kedarkantha is one of the finest gems in the Himalayan range situated in Uttrakhand and the trek to the Kedarkantha summit is a wonderfully redeeming experience.
No wonder that it is one of the most popular treks in Indian during winter. The serene beauty and clear openings combined with a sheet of snow on top is a treat for nature lovers and make up for a great Instagram story as well.
Kedarkantha trek distance is about 20 Kilometers long and the Kedarkantha summit is at a height of 12,500 ft above the sea level, which makes up for a great view from the top of the climb.
Kedarkantha was supposed to be known as ‘Kedarnath’ but while sculpting the Lord Shiva’s sculpture, a mishap happened and the sculptures were only able to construct up until Shiva’s neck, hence calling it ‘Kedar-Kantha’ meaning Lord Shiva’s neck.
One thing that separates Kedarkantha from the rest of the treks is that it falls under the category of a moderately difficult trek. It is a beginner-friendly trek yet the view from the top of the summit has a mesmerizing aura and sometimes can be more appealing as compared to treks that are labeled with hard difficulty.
Although, Kedarkantha is open for trekking all year long yet the majority of people prefer visiting during winters for the aforementioned reasons. The best time to visit Kedar Kantha is from December to April.
The Kedarkantha Trek starts from a small village called Sankri and then move onto Juda Ka Taal. From there the group heads onto the Kedarkantha base camp finally reaching the Kedarkantha summit at last. The trek lasts for a total of 5 days and covers a variety of attractions on the way including one of the most sensational sunsets/sunrise views.
Kedarkantha is one of the few places where one cannot capture the full essence of the experience on their first visit and hence, trekkers repeatedly keep coming back here.
So, make some room for Kedarkantha Trek in 2019’s travel bucket list, you have on your wall and keep your backpack ready for this winter as you are so going to have a view which is also known as ‘heaven on earth’ while you travel to Kedarkantha with JustWravel.
Day 1 : Drive from Dehradun and Arrival at Sankri
- Our vehicle will pick you from Dehradun and we will drive to Sankri .
- The trek to Kedarkantha peak starts from Sankri village. Sankri, a small village situated in the vicinity of Govind Pashu Wildlife Sanctuary. It is located at a distance of 210 km from the state capital, Dehradun. The road journey is scenic and it passes through the towns of Nainbagh, Purola and Mori. The maximum drive is along the Yamuna River until you reach the Tons valley. Sankri is a small but scenic village and is the starting point of number of treks such as Har Ki Dun, Bali Pass, Borasu Pass and Kedarnkantha.
- After reaching the village, relax and overnight stay in a hotel/guest house.
Day 2 : Trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Taal (9050 Feet, 4 Kms)
- Today we will hike up to Juda Ka Taal campsite. The trail starts from a point which comes after a short walk towards Taluka. The initial trail passes through the dense pine forest which gets covered with snow during winter season. The trek is a bit steep in the beginning and mild steep till you reach the campsite. The name of the campsite is based on a small pond situated near the campsite. The pond is serene and it gets frozen during winters. The distance from Sankri to Juda Ka Taal is just 4 km and it takes around 3-4 hours to reach there.
- Dinner and overnight stay in camps.
Day 3 : Juda Ka Taal - Kedarkantha Base Camp (11200 FT, 4 Kms Trek)
- Wake up to a fresh and cool morning and get ready for your uphill trek to the base camp of Kedarkantha. The trail to the basecamp is bit steeper than the previous day’s trail. After walking for about an hour, you will see a way to a small meadow. Then you will come at a point from where you will start seeing snowcapped Himalayan peaks. It takes around 3-4 hours to reach the base camp.
- Enjoy the beautiful campsite and views.
Day 4 : Kedarkantha Base Camp- Kedarkantha (12,500 FT)- Juda ka Taal(9050 FT, 10 KM)
- Today is the most important day as we go up to the summit, which is at around 3210 meters. We recommend that one should start quite early and reach before or by sunrise. The dawn from the summit is mesmerizing and one of the best dawns you will ever witness. Once you are done with the sunrise, start nourishing your knowledge about various Himalayan peaks of Garhwal region and Kinnaur region. Some of the peaks are Gangotri, Swargarohini, Banderpooch, Kinner Kailash, etc. After all this, We will start our descend and move towards Hargaon camp.
- Dinner and overnight stay in camps at Hargaon.
Day 5 : Juda Ka Taal - Sankri- Dehradun (6 Kms Trek)
- This will be your final trek day. We will start our downhill trek from Hargaon camp to reach Sankri. The trek is 6 km long and the descent is quite steep. The trail becomes slippery during winter season. It will take 4 hours and you will reach Sankri. At Sankri, you trekking will end. Board your vehicle to Dehradun. Reach Dehradun by evening.
- Trip Ends.
Transport - Dehradun to Dehradun
All Meals (breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner)
Guide , Trek Lead
Sleeping bag , mattresses
Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry etc
Any Entry Fees
Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation / roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
No cancellations will be taken over call or whatsapp msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
Free Cancellation upto 60 days before the departure date
59 Days to 45 days of Departure date. 10% of total Trip cost. (Booking amount is non-refundable)
44 Days to 30 Days of Departure date. 25% of the total trip cost
29 Days to 15 Days of Departure date. 50% of the total trip cost.
15 Days to 8 Days of Departure date. 75% of the total trip cost.
7 Days to Trip Departure date. 100% of the total trip cost.
No Show . No refund.
Incase of government orders, harsh weather conditions , protests , landslides or any other unforseen circumstances , we work out the best possible alternate plans or trips/treks. At times even even certain activities are cancelled , the organization provides the best alternate but no refunds are provided.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), JustWravel will issue a trek voucher for the full amount and if possible will provide an alternate trek. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next 365 days from the trek departure date.
If a trek or trip cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Will be beared by customer. Company will not be liable.
Cancellations policy will differ during the peak season and popular places.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket (Main jacket)
Tshirt or Fleece
Extra pair of Socks
Trekking/ Hiking Shoes (Forclaz 100 and above or Arpenaz 100. Checkout in Decathlon stores)
Rucksack (At least 40L)
Mufflers/ Neck Warmer
Extra pair of Clothes
First Aid Kit
*Add extra thermal layers and sweater during the winter season
Singtur Range, Uttarakhand 249128GET DIRECTIONS