KHAKI Talk 24: #ForestOnTheHill - Heritage of Matheran by Ar. Kirtida Unwalla
July 11 | 7 PM
Join on Zoom
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
#ForestOnTheHill - Heritage of Matheran by Ar. Kirtida Unwalla
The concern of the British for a healthy environment for their wellbeing saw the establishment of several mountain-top sanatorium towns or ‘hill stations’ where they could recoup and rejuvenate themselves from India’s tropical heat. Matheran is perhaps the last of them that still maintains its distinctive natural and colonial heritage to some degree, thanks to its ‘pedestrian-only’ regulations and the efforts of the Matheran Bachao Samiti. In our Online Talk #ForestOnTheHill, conservation architect Kirtida Unwalla speaks on the historical and cultural significance of this hill station and how its rich heritage can be protected through sustainable planning.
About the speaker:
Kirtida Unwalla is an independent conservation architect with a practice of over two decades. She has worked on numerous conservation, documentation and heritage listing projects with INTACH. She is a member of the Heritage Committee of Matheran Hill Station and is also on the Monitoring Committee of the Matheran Eco Sensitive Zone. She is also an ardent educationist in architectural conservation.
Charges for participation Rs. 199/-
Date: 11th July 2020
Time: 7.00 pm
Duration: 1 hour + Q&A
What You Need To Get Started:
- An internet connected computer, laptop, or mobile.
- Zoom app downloaded on your computer, laptop, or mobile. You can download the zoom app from https://zoom.us/download.
- A webcam (optional)
- Zoom link / ID and Password to join the online talk. The Zoom link will be sent to registered attendees on email 45 minutes before the start of the online talk.
- To join the online talk, click the link in the email received from KHAKI Lab.
- You will be directed to the Zoom website and from here you will need to click ‘Open URL:Zoom Launcher’.
- If you are new to Zoom, a pop up box will open asking you to complete your registration. Please enter your details in this box and ensure you use your full name so that the online talk host can identify who has joined the online talk.
- If you already have a Zoom account, you can just sign in to Zoom to join the online talk.
- If you are asked to sign in to your existing Zoom account and you have forgotten your password, select the “Forgot?” link and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the online talk window isn’t loading, close your browser and try to join the online talk again. Be sure to accept or approve any alerts requiring your approval to install the Zoom online talk application, and turn off any pop-up blocker that could be preventing the Zoom online talk window from opening.
- In case you may have any bandwidth issues, it is advised that you keep your video off
After joining online talk on Zoom:
- When you have joined the online talk, please ensure you have a working speaker so that you can hear the presentation.
- Please ensure that your microphone is on mute. If not so then the host of the meeting will be allowed to do so on your behalf.
- You can check and manage your audio in the audio section of Settings (Windows) or Preferences (Mac).
- Q&A will take place after the talk.
- All questions to be typed on chat.
- You can type your question in the chat section (To Everyone) so that the speaker and all attendees can see who has asked it.
- Once you have sent your question, the speaker has the option to either answer your question live or by text.
- We recommend that before you sign in to the online talk on time, please spend at least 15 minutes checking that you have the correct system requirements.
- You will waste time if you do not do this in advance of the online talk as we will start promptly at 7 pm IST. Since this is a paid online talk, we will not be able to make refunds due to system access (All details about system requirements for zoom can be found https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux).
- One ticket gives access to one person, please do not share the meeting link, ID and Password with other people. If an unregistered person is found attending the online talk, he/she will be removed from the online talk.
- Event starts at 7.00 pm IST sharp. Late entrants will not be admitted.
- Unsure if you would be able to go?
Worried your boss may cancel your holiday or your professor may put up weekend lectures? Dont worry, you can easily transfer your ticket to your friend later!
- Going out with friends?
Unlock rewards or cashbacks the next time you are going to an event with your friends. Just use the ‘Buy Together’ option for an event if you see one on its page.
Paytm Insider is a platform that helps you discover and buy the best in events, travel and food in your city. We strive to curate experiences that are worth your time and money, possibly something you have never tried before.
For event organizers
Paytm Insider is built by the same team that created Bacardi NH7 Weekender (us) and we sure know what goes into putting together a great experience. Our technology, marketing and customer support can help you build a community of not just ticket buyers, but also fans.