Kodachadri and Hidlumane trek - Safarnama
Fridays | 7PM - Sundays | 10PM
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Kodachadri can be considered as the trekkers paradise and encompass everything from
perfect dense forests to higher waterfalls, the meadows spreading everywhere and a view of
Arabian sea. The trek is possibly the toughest of popular treks in Karnataka but the view from
the peak makes the effort worthwhile. A cover of luxurious jungle stretches in all directions.
The sunset watched from Kodachadri peak on a clear day is a spellbound experience.
Kodachadri is 10th highest peak of Karnataka located at the height of 1,343 meters above sea
level in the Western Ghats in South India and is declared as natural heritage site by the
Government. It is situated at 21 km from Kollur and 15 km from Nagodi village, in
Hosanagara taluk. Home to many endangered species of both the animal and plant kingdom,
trekking in Kodachadri can be an adventurous and spiritual experience.
Day 1: Hike to Hidlumane Falls and Kodachadri Peak and return by roller coaster Jeep Ride
• Get picked up from respective pickup points and begin your overnight journey
• Around 07:00 AM on Saturday, the day of trekking, you will reach the campsite, freshen-up and have breakfast later.
• Start trekking to Kodachadri at around 8:30 AM
• Have mid snacks at ‘Buttermane’ point. (self-sponsored)
• Take a dip into ‘Hidlumane waterfall’ and witness double Rainbow.
Around 5 km from Kodachadri is ‘Hidlumane Waterfalls’ located right in the center of valley and involves a little higher adventurous trekking. All the stress and tiredness wash away when you take a dip into this beautiful waterfall and witness double Rainbow.
• Around 3:00 PM, have the lunch.
*Lunch will made available basis the availability (packed Lunch/ If available on top)
• Reach the peak by 5:00 PM, explore the surroundings- Sarvajna Peetha and Arabian Sea. Enjoy the serenity at its best from the top.
It is believed that Adi Shankaracharya meditated on the top of the hill and the temple is called ‘Sarvajna Peetha’ which is similar to Sharada Peetha of Jammu and Kashmir. The ‘Arabian Sea’ is visible from the last peak on a cloudless day and sun literally goes down into the sea and due to the proximity to sea, the shape of golden sun changes every minute
• Descend to the campsite in your respective jeeps with an amazing roller coaster ride after sunset.
• Have dinner and get ready for bon-fire. Make friends for life and enjoy.
• Retire for the day with relaxed soul
Day 2: Visit to Nagara Fort
• Pack your bags, fill your empty stomachs and check-out from the campsite around 09:00 AM.
• Start travelling to Shivappa Nayaka Fort, Nagara (Nagara Fort). Enjoy the fort and capture the moments. After some time commence your return journey.
Nagara Fort was built in 16th century and is maintained by Archeological Department. It is the last capital city of Keladi rulers. Fort is built on an elevated ground, giving panoramic view of surroundings like Western Ghats. Fort was built with systematic circulation of water around the fort to increase the safety. Ruined monuments like Darbar’s Court remains of temple, two tanks called Akka Thangi Kola (Tanks of two sisters), and a cannon be seen inside the fort.
• Have a self-sponsored lunch route.
• Wind up the tour after you get dropped back
- Backpack: With comfortable shoulder straps
- Day pack + rain cover: 10 - 20 litres (For the trek)
- Head Torch: 1 No.
- Water Bottle/ Hydration pack: 2 bottles of one litre each
- People who use hydration pack: 1 hydration pack and 1 bottle of one liter
- Snacks: Energy bars, dry fruits, electoral/ORS
- Personal Medical Kit: Consult your Doctor
- Trekking Shoes: 1 Pair (High ankle with good grip)
- T-shirts: 2 Quick Dry Tees (Non-Cotton)
- Trek pants: 1 Nos. (avoid fitting denims)
- Floaters or Sandals: 1 Pair (for easy movement while at the campsite)
- Cotton Socks: 1 Pair
- Raincoat: If incase, it rains
- Sunglasses: Dark with side cover, it should be U/V protected
- Toothbrush & toothpaste Hand Sanitizer
- Quick dry towel Toilet paper, wipes and other toiletries
- Moisturizer, Lip Balm & Sunscreen Cream (SPF 40+)
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- Pickup Points 07:30 PM: Baroda Bank ATM, Koramangala
- 08:15 PM: New Shanti Nagar hotel
- 09:00 PM: (Hard rock café) MG road
- Inclusions: Permission from Forest Department
- Jeep Ride
- Local and experienced guides and Trek Leaders
- Visit to Nagara Fort
- Basic First-Aid kit
- Lots & Lots of Fun
Any personal expense
Anything which is not a part of our inclusions
Pick up and drop from Bangalore in a vehicle and the type of vehicle depends on the size of group
Accommodation would be provided in Homestays. There are separate rooms for boys and girls.
2 breakfasts, 1 Lunch and 1 dinner (Veg Meals)
- The route through jungles is infested with leeches. The dense jungles house several species of poisonous snakes. Protective ankle-length footwear and long trousers are a must on the trek
- The amenities along this route are basic. The trekker is advised to carry adequate water and beverages
- The route passes through a wildlife reserve. The trekker is advised to avoid littering the route and to keep noise levels to the minimum.
- Carrying torches and insect repellents is essential on this trek.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products during the entire trip.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the tour.
- Carry poly bags to pack your wet clothes
- If cancellations are made 5-7 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 3-5 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions or low number of travelers, certain
- trips or activities may get cancelled. In such cases operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, a cash refund will not be applicable for the same.
- Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
Valur, Karnataka 577452GET DIRECTIONS