Kokankada Camping & Trek to Harishchandragad | GreenWorldExplorers
The Fort Harishchandragad is one of the favorite destination for trekkers during every season, but it has a special attractions especially during monsoon for its breath taking beautiful environment and The main attraction of this hill fort remains the Konkan Kada. an almost 1423M concave fall. It is a vertical overhang, A cliff which shapes like a Cobra's hood. providing a panoramic view of the surrounding hills and an enchanting sunset. it comes in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra, is one of the most challenging treks in the Western Ghats. Situated in the Malshej region of the ghats. To reach this fort there are seven routes of which we will be going via Pachnai (the easiest route form all seven). The Best Part is watching the sunset from Kokankada. The best Destination point to Watch a Sunset in Sahyadri Range...
Category : Trek & Camping
Duration : 2 Day 1 Night
Difficulty Level : Medium
06:55AM Catch Kasara Local from CSMT.
09:15AM Reach Kasara Station.
09:30AM Meet our Leaders.
09:45AM Get into Vehicle and Start Journey.
10:15AM Halt at Dhaba/Hotel for Breakfast.
11:00AM Start your journey for Base.
02:00PM Reach Base Village
02:15PM Get Fresh and have lunch.
03:30PM Ice Breaking Session with Intro Round
03:45PM Start your Trek.
05:30PM Reach KokanKada.
05:45PM Evening Snacks.
06:30PM Relax and Enjoy Sunset
07:30PM Tent Pitching Activity
09:00PM Funtime with Old School Games & Activity
11:30PM Continue with the FUN or Relax for the night.
05:00AM Wakeup Call.
05:10AM Head for Taramati point.
06:30AM Reach Taramati Point and enjoy the Sunrise.
07:30AM Start heading back for kokankada
08:30AM Reach kokankada & have Breakfast.
09:30AM Pack your bags and start Descending.
10:30AM Visit Ganesh Caves.
10:15AM Visit Kedareshwar Temple.
10:30AM Visit Shivling.
12:30PM Reach Base Village.
01:00PM Start heading back for Kasara
03:30PM Reach Back Kasara.
Its time to say Sayonaaraa..!!!
Things to carry :
01. Id Proof Compulsory
02. Good Quality Trekking / Sports Shoes.
03. Water (2ltr Minimum compulsory)
04. Electoral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
05. Bedsheets / Blankets / Sleeping Bag.
06. Personal First Aid kit / Medics as per priscriptions if any.
07. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
08. Backpack to carry all stuffs. (No Handbags or Jholas will be allowed.)
09. Extra Pair of Clothes (as a backup if you need a change).
10. Camera (Optional).
11. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries.(Mobile flash wont be entertained)
12. Odomos (for protection from mosquitoes).
1. Transportation for kasara to kasara.
2. 1 Breakfast 1 lunch 1 Dinner
3. Tent Charges.
4. Entry Fees.
5. Leaders Expertise Charges
Anything other than mentioned above.
Pachnai Village, Harishchandragad
Pachnai Village, Near Akole Taluka, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra