Kothaligad (Peth) Monsoon Trek | Trek & Trails
Kothaligad is mor commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is thespecious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.
- Kothaligad (Peth) trek difficulty level: Medium
- Base village for Kothaligad (Peth): Peth village / Ambivali village
- Region: Karjat
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad Peth Fort - Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali
- Duration: 1 Day
- Kothaligad (Peth) fort height: 3100 feet approx.
- Cost: Rs. 900/- per person
Catch Karjat slow local from CSMT.
CSMT – Karjat slow local timetable.
- 05:20 Mumbai CSMT
- 05:28 Byculla
- 05:38 Dadar
- 05:48 Kurla
- 06:15 Thane
- 06:37 Dombivli
- 06:48 Kalyan
- 07:39 Karjat
07:40 Meet at Karjat railway station, near ticket counter.
07:45 Move to Base Village by Tumtum / ST bus.
08:45 Reach at Ambivali and Breakfast.
09:15 Start ascending.
12:15 Reach on top and explore.
15:30 Reach at Ambivali and Lunch.
16:45 Journey towards Karjat railway station by Tumtum / ST bus.
18:00 Reach at Karjat railway station.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kothaligad (Peth) Monsoon Trek, no refund will be provided.
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
- Travel cost from Mumbai/Pune to Karjat and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Thing to carry:
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Kothaligarh Peth Fort
Kothaligarh Peth Fort, Maharasthra