Leh Palace, Leh
A panoramic view of the hills on all sides and fleeting memories of the royal whispers from the past - this is how the Leh Palace, Ladakh can be best described. It might have stopped being a place of hustle and bustle like the old days, but the magnificence of its architecture is still intact. Explore a breathtaking view as you visit this 9-storeyed marvel.
Things to see
- The statue of Lord Buddha seated inside the monastery of the palace
- Pictures and paintings displayed in the exhibition halls of the palace
- A rich collection of crowns, ceremonial dresses and jewellery, among others
How to get there?
- Buses operated by Jammu and Kashmir State Road Transport Corporation (JKSRTC) ply from Srinagar to Leh.
- Cars and jeeps can also be hired from Srinagar to reach Leh.
- JKSRTC and Himachal Pradesh Tourism, HRTC also operates ordinary and deluxe buses from Manali to Leh on a daily basis.
- The nearest airports are Srinagar Airport and New Delhi Airport
- The nearest railway stations from Leh are Chandigarh and Pathankot from where one will have to take a 3-day bus journey to reach Leh
Ancient Palace Leh
Leh Palace, Leh, Namgyal Hill, Leh, Leh, Ladakh, 194101