Lohagad Trek Road, Pune
Thick green foliage surrounds an Iron Fort. This fort, popularly known as Lohgad belongs to the 18th Century and is one of the fortresses that are still inhabited by people. It is surrounded on all sides by a moat and sits in the centre of the town. This fort still holds a grand air of protection about itself! Book now and let this fort take you back to its glory days.
Things to see
- The beautifully carved sculptures on the Maha Darwaja or the main gate
- The carved northern entrance, at Ashtadhatu (Eight-Metal) Gate
- The carved southern entrance, at Lohiya Gate
- Pavana Lake near the Fort
How to get there?
- The most convenient manner to get to the base of the Fort is by Taxi and then trek your way up.
- The closest station to Lohgad Fort is Malavali and is accessible from the major Maharashtra cities of Thane, Mumbai and Pune.
- It is 57 km from Pune via the NH4, 93 and 96 km from Mumbai and Thane respectively via the Mumbai-Pune Expressway
Lohagad Trek Road, Pune, Lohagad Trek Road, Pune, Pune, Maharashtra, 410406